Notices

Old 1 Aug 15, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
julybride
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney 2...10 Year Anniversary Travel Day 3

So so travel toning to Garrick the night before is genius! Thank you dibbers. We woke up and showered ( we had bathed the kids the night before in hotel room). Then headed down for breakfast in hotel. I cannot recommend this enough. For £20 for all four of us great value and fresh good food and a decent selection. We then meandered over to north terminal and headed through security.fairly easily, hubby had to do the scan thing and then I found someone's boarding pass! I handed it to security guard who phoned it through let's hope it found its owner! One worried passenger somewhere.

In the terminal I grabbed some water from boots and a little purse from catch Judson. A present for our friends in the states she loves their stuff. It was wrapped at no extra cost... Wow looks lovely for a £4 gift.

I have decided I would love an Asprey bag and love this jewellery I found in harrods. Noted the name down and gave it to husband as I rarely find stuff I like. But unlike to get either for some time... Disney holidays still take priority.

So after reading a few pages of a book and helping the kids with word searches and puzzles it was time to go to the gate. One thing with Gatwick free wifi, I couldn't log on because the account has to be verified and I had no signal (three). Not sure what the way round this is.

Headed to the gate, waited not even 5 minutes through check, then straight on to plane. Totally amazing experience quick and seamless. We then took our seats and had a fab family behind us with 2 kids who were great, and hats of to the man in front who was travelling with three under 8ish kids alone and they all behaved brilliantly too! I think ours did to... My 7 year old just did not stop with questions.

Take off was okay I never really like that bit but rescue remedy helps as does having kids. Dd2 was anxious so my super cheery it's totally fine kicked in and helped me feel more positive. I love that the in flight entertainment can be on in the take off. Once we were up drinks were served I had brandy and coke then the gluten free pasta chicken which was yummy. It's such a shame the kids gluten free is the standard adult one, dd1 never complains but so hard to watch kids given fruit shoots and yoyo's both of which she could have. I had purposely ordered dd2 a standard meal as I knew this generally happens... In future I may order daddy a kids meal! I had taken gluten free crackers and glad I had because both of us were left a little hungry.

The kids watched Paddington, Cinderella, TV and goodness knows what else but really were good and even had a nap! This really helped when we got to the hotel later. We had fab lolly and the afternoon tea, again gluten free wrap great, but the rubabrb and custard naked bar yuck! 'really odd as you bite it tastes almost burnt but as you swallow tastes like it should. Only managed 1 mouth full.

We landed with a thud and came down very quickly. Rain was due and i understand the captain wanted to land so we didn't have to circle. This caused a few kids to not be allowed to the toilet as the 10 minute b4 seat belt announcement turned into 2 minutes. In future I will check much earlier with kids if they need the restroom!

Considering we were in the middle of the plane we were off quickly and hubby was unlike I have ever Seen him on a mission to immigration used the machines and trough in 30 minutes. Wow then our cases were already there ... Then straight through customs who I told I had weetabix and was waved through. Out in less than an hour. To magical express which took longest 1 hour before on bus and finally moving but to be at the hotel under 2 and half hours after landing amazing!

Dropped us at ole first 😀went to check in and they grabbed bands as we had already checked in but I didn't find my room number on the confirmation so he showed me where it was, also checked I knew mybpin😯 oops I had selected a new one... No idea what it was. So re set it to one we both know. And were in our room in 10 minutes thanks to bell services. The girls had balloons from reception 💕

Loved being in the earlier flight and the fact the kids had slept in the plane as it meant we were able to have a quick dinner at Olivia's.

For me a chowder, (gluten free) polenta and scallops with asparagus. And a cocktail called 'turtle something' . Hubby 2 beers and huge steak... Dd1 a gluten free cheese burger and dd2 mickey pasta with milk. As we are on dxdp I ordered the kids apple slices ... I have decided for the rest of the holiday no more ordering kids appetisers to pay gratuity for something the kids won't eat iyswim. Really wish they had other options my two dds will eat a variety of food but are not lovers of raw veg or apples. Hubby then had iced tea and I had a mango iced tea and decided it's not for me. Hubby loves it... I shall stick to coffee 😀

Into bed by half eight after walking round the pool and all out in a few minutes. Unfortunately me and andy woke every hour or two all night... And as we all know we were awake at 5pm and unpacked with crazy excited kids desperate to leave... I dragged it out until 6am and got them to write their own little diary before heading to bus stop.
Old 1 Aug 15, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a stress free travel day! Looking forward to more. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List