Notices
Beyond the Parks
Celebration

• 27 Aug 19, 05:50 PM
    Rozzyb2011
    VIP Dibber
    Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Quote darbs
    Yes there are, we see at least one each time we visit!
    Fab ! Cheers 😊
    So excited !
  • 27 Aug 19, 06:19 PM
    darbs
    Imagineer
    darbs is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Quote mick
    and a sign near the rocking chairs saying not to feed them.

Mick
    That is where we quite often see one, in the corner near the rocking chairs! Love sitting there with a kilwins 🍦
  • 30 Aug 19, 05:39 PM
    booradley92
    Proud to wear my Ears
    booradley92 is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • It worth a visit - a world away from the bedlam at the parks, nice environment to chill and refresh!
  • 2 Sep 19, 08:33 AM
    Myakka17
    VIP Dibber
    Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • We were there yesterday, sadly the rocking chairs have been put away, no doubt for the hurricane. We had a wonderful lunch at Market st Diner. The portions were huge, the price most reasonable weíve seen. Itís lovely to walk around such a pretty quaint area. Love it visit there every trip itíS an oasis from the minute you turn off the 192.
    Mexico ... re booked
  • 2 Sep 19, 09:05 AM
    sparklegirl
    VIP Dibber
    sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Quote Myakka17
    We were there yesterday, sadly the rocking chairs have been put away, no doubt for the hurricane. We had a wonderful lunch at Market st Diner. The portions were huge, the price most reasonable weíve seen. Itís lovely to walk around such a pretty quaint area. Love it visit there every trip itíS an oasis from the minute you turn off the 192.
    I am so glad to hear that Market Diner has improved. When we were there a few years ago it was dreadful and went from being one of my absolute favourite places to eat to somewhere I would actively avoid. Maybe back on the list for this year now!
    perhaps...
  • 2 Sep 19, 09:18 AM
    mick
    VIP Dibber
    mick is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Quote sparklegirl
    I am so glad to hear that Market Diner has improved. When we were there a few years ago it was dreadful and went from being one of my absolute favourite places to eat to somewhere I would actively avoid. Maybe back on the list for this year now!
    It was closed for a very long time due to "cleanliness" issues I understand. The facts were public at the time. However since it re-opened I've seen nothing but praise from Dibbers.

Mick
  • 2 Sep 19, 10:51 AM
    sparklegirl
    VIP Dibber
    sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Quote mick
    It was closed for a very long time due to "cleanliness" issues I understand. The facts were public at the time. However since it re-opened I've seen nothing but praise from Dibbers.

Mick
    We used to go every time we were there. Went to the farmers market then brunch on our first Sunday and the last time was just dreadful. The server was uninterested and there was food missing and undercooked. It really wasnt what i expected and I was so sad at that because it had been a long favourite of mine. I am really looking forward to giving it another try. I will report back with my finding :-)
    perhaps...
  • 2 Sep 19, 11:21 AM
    JAF
    Imagineer
    JAF is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Love walking around the lakes. A couple of years ago we noticed a lot of fresh water shells on the waters edge and wondered why they were there until we same some birds cracking the shells and eating the contents - not heard of taking your food packing home with you which is why they were left at the edge of the water. Then we got further round and watched a young heron dive for a fish - expertly caught BUT we had to laugh as he had speared it through his beak and was in a bit of a pickle working out how to free himself. We also like to sit outside at the bakers at the top of the high street if it is not too hot otherwise it is another vote for ice cream at Kilwins
  • 2 Sep 19, 03:10 PM
    Myakka17
    VIP Dibber
    Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Kilwins had been on our plan but having stopped at Market diner fir a snack - we were too stuffed to even contemplate anything until late evening.
    I was still in breakfast mode and ordered a pancake , it filled a big dinner plate it was huge I only managed 1/2.
    Mexico ... re booked
DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now