Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
For us, I’d take reduced park hours, no fireworks and fewer restaurants for lighter crowds any day of the week.
Have you seen Tim Trackers VLOGs? Queues are just the same as there are so few attractions open, less staff and less trains going on rides.

Remember no fast passes either, so that 60 minute queue for 7dwarfs is the time you will have to wait
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
For us, I’d take reduced park hours, no fireworks and fewer restaurants for lighter crowds any day of the week. Plus resort stays are about more than the parks for us...love the facilities and proximity to dining, shopping, the pools etc. Would still go even if foregoing some parks. V Bay is the only water park we opt for. I’ve spent similar money in Europe for experiences that just didn’t tick all our boxes.
I'm the same. I don't like fireworks and eat mainly QS. I never do full park days. A big part of the experience for me is spending time at the resort.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That idea holds good unless with the lifting of restrictions, you get trampled in the rush as hundreds of thousands of other frustrated vacationers surge towards the booking sites.

In the event of the above, that demand may price the vacations beyond the reach of many.

With that in mind, I have booked early (and paid) for next August as I am wary of a collapsing exchange rate over Brexit and will cancel with no loss if necessary. I have done this twice and have now booked a third time. The key is to only book with companies that have shown a willingness to comply with consumer law, should refunds become an issue.
Yep I am hovering between seriously looking to book now for next august or waiting until I usually book (which is around Christmas time!) but I am concerned about the things you mentioned... exchange rate collapsing, Issues after the election in November (what ever they may be!) restrictions being lifted and so an influx of people booking which will result in prices soaring, more airlines collapsing reducing competition which will result also in prices soaring. There are so many things to take in to consideration right now!

I'm waiting for DS's school to release the 2021 term start dates which should be this week - then I will make a decision I think if to hang on or take the plunge. I found Fly Drive with BA today, 3 weeks end of August for £2450 for 2 adults, 1 teen & 1 child which effectively makes the flights circa £1600 as care hire alone is around £800 - plus can book with £350 deposit... very tempted for that one to be honest!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I re-booked our cancelled May 20 trip to end of May Beginning of June next year, as a package with BA (same holiday as before) with an extra adult and a bigger car it was only £300 more expensive for 17 nights, have only paid deposit and can be moved if necessary, I just couldn't resist those prices, it did take me a while of should I shouldn't I, but in the end decided to take the plunge, have returned our Disney tickets from this year for a full refund and bought new ones which are fully refundable, just in case we can't go as would have lost the money on the old ones, just a waiting game now to see if we get to go - if not there is always 2022

Oh and have checked with my insurance that we are still covered even thought the advice at the moment is not to travel, as long as its lifted when we go, its not a problem, and if we can't that is fully movable as well

Edited at 06:24 PM.
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I have booked a BA Holiday for August Next year with the voucher i already have.
If we cant go i will just change the destination and go somewhere else

Booked Fully Refundable Parking at Gatwick
Booked Full Flexible rate with Premier Inn At Gatwick
Lots of DVC to sort out but i can return points to where they came from and bank current use year

Booked hotel in Miami Hotel .com free cancellation and Refundable
Again Hotels .com New York Free cancellation and refundable
Used 4 reward nights and paid rest up front

I will wait to do Disney and Attraction Tickets and Baseball Tickets until nearer the time.

Doing it this way will stop me losing any money

Edited at 07:05 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

Just bit the bullet and booked July 21 fingers crossed

Norn Iron is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Nice to read some really sensible and realistic posts here.

We all have enough on our plates at present, and todays Boris comments are finally a public admission that none of this Virus stuff is going away soon.

So, perhaps best to concentrate on stuff we can control. Therefore if you want to stress on any subject, it certainly may not be just booking a holiday?

Paul
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, watch them all the time. Repeatedly show that posted wait times are significantly higher than actual weight times. And much lower than we were used to in peak holiday times even with fast pass.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List