Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Yes, my DS has already asked for the PS5 for Christmas, but I had no idea that you had to pre order them. I'm hoping some more become available before Christmas.

Anyone know if I've got any chance of getting one before Christmas, since I've missed out on pre ordering one.
Sony have announced they will be releasing more preorders and the retailers will share details as and when they are going live. I’d keep an eye on Argos, Amazon, Game etc. There’s also a chance you’ll be able to get one when they go on general sale 19th Nov but you’ll need to be up early with your finger on the button ready!
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lau-nicole View Post
Sony have announced they will be releasing more preorders and the retailers will share details as and when they are going live. I’d keep an eye on Argos, Amazon, Game etc. There’s also a chance you’ll be able to get one when they go on general sale 19th Nov but you’ll need to be up early with your finger on the button ready!
Thanks - I'm going to have to keep checking the websites, at least I still have a chance of getting one.
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
They won't be making anymore games for the PS4
got any more info for that claim?

tweaktown/news/66009...ps5/index.html

the ps3 and ps4 lived happily alongside each other for quite some time with new games still coming out on the older gen console... have sony explicitly said something i've not seem?

personally, i'm holding off... i dont play my ps4 enough as it is, plus owning a nintendo switch and oculus quest, i'm ok for games for at least another couple of years i reckon
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
got any more info for that claim?

tweaktown/news/66009...ps5/index.html

the ps3 and ps4 lived happily alongside each other for quite some time with new games still coming out on the older gen console... have sony explicitly said something i've not seem?

personally, i'm holding off... i dont play my ps4 enough as it is, plus owning a nintendo switch and oculus quest, i'm ok for games for at least another couple of years i reckon
I had to double check this as well and they haven’t said they will stop making games for the PS4. I think they might have been confused with the compatibility - PS5 won’t play PS4 games unlike the Xbox S which will support Xbox One games.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've just checked and various gaming websites are reporting that Sony have said that 99% of PS4 games will play on the PS5.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I panic ordered the PS5 for my husband as I read on this thread that Sony were stopping making PS4 games. It's not the end of the world as it'll be his birthday present and serves me right for not doing my own research.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I've just checked and various gaming websites are reporting that Sony have said that 99% of PS4 games will play on the PS5.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I panic ordered the PS5 for my husband as I read on this thread that Sony were stopping making PS4 games. It's not the end of the world as it'll be his birthday present and serves me right for not doing my own research.
It would be highly unusual if they did stop making the old gen games. Sony didn’t discontinue the PS3 until 2016 - 3 years after the PS4 was released. At least your hubby gets a new console though 😆
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Thanks - I'm going to have to keep checking the websites, at least I still have a chance of getting one.
John Lewis have it back on the website so it will go back on sale soon, put your email address in to be notified. I got mine by chance last week, it was on there just before 12pm so do keep checking

johnlewis/sony-plays...b-ssd/p5115192

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Just a heads up in case anyone is still wanting one I’ve just had an email from Game to say they will have limited stock coming tomorrow “late morning”

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Diinky
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Heads up, just had an email from Smyths toystores saying that there will be more PS5 consoles going on sale tomorrow lunchtime.
Diinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ali C
Excited about Disney

Ali C's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DD finally managed to order her PS5 this morning from Argos 😊