Notices

Old 17 Feb 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Ninnie visits home - pre trip report

We head to DLP in just over a week so I thought it was about time I wrote my pre trip report.

First up, introductions:

Me: 28, huge Disney fan. Visited DLP twice with my best friend, first while at uni in January 2010, and mostly recently in January 2014, whilst six weeks pregnant. Visited WDW in October 2013 with DH.

DH: 29, not a Disney fan. Has never visited DLP. Begrudgingly agreed in to take me to WDW in 2013, claims to have not particularly enjoyed it. Visited WDW several times as a child with his family. Camera shy.

DD: 18 months old. First trip to Disney, first flight, first holiday abroad. Very into Cars at the moment.

And last but not least...

Ninnie: DD's constant companion.

We arrive Sunday 26th, leave Thursday 2nd, staying at Sequoia Lodge, Golden Forest. Originally we booked for the Santa Fe, but then DH decided he couldn't live without the gym, and we thought that the Golden Forest perks would be useful with DD.

We're flying with Air France into CDG, have a transfer booked with RS Transports thanks to the Dibb. I've previously done both the shuttle bus and the TGV but thought it was worth paying for the convenience of having someone take us door to door with DD and her associated luggage.

The downside of travelling with a toddler is that we've had to pick flight times to suit her, so we don't land til 4.40pm on the Sunday, and our flight out is at 12.55pm so we basically get three days in the park.

We've got Inventions booked for Tuesday lunch, but no meal plan and nothing else booked. DH is a huge Vapiano fan, so we'll definitely eat there at least once, and will probably try Rainforest Cafe for DD.

Slightly apprehensive about how this trip will go, as DD isn't a great sleeper. The last time we went away for a few days, she screamed non stop for several hours, we barely slept, and checked out after one night. She's too big for a travel cot so I'm intending to share a bed with her and give DH a bed to himself.

Although I'm usually super organised with a plan for every minute of the day, this time we're going to have to be much more flexible, which terrifies me slightly! But very excited to introduce DD to the world of Disney, and to see her reaction to real life Minnie Mouse (though she also refers to Mickey as Ninnie, so if they're doing a meet and greet together that might blow her mind).

DH pointed out that although DD and I both have an abundance of Disney clothes (75% of DD's wardrobe has Minnie on it), he only has one Monsters Inc tshirt, so in an effort to make DH a bit more excited about the trip, I had these made, so anyone there at the same time, you'll be able to spot us!

dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Sounds like a fabulous trip, I've been to WDW loads but never DLP it is on my list
Love the tops you had made
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

You'll have a fab time!

Loving the jumpers!

'Ninnie' Mouse usually found at the station end of Main Street (think her & Mickey were on the right side in front of the Liberty Arcade) during EMH!

Enjoy!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Sounds like a fabulous trip, I've been to WDW loads but never DLP it is on my list
Love the tops you had made
Thank you! I'd love to take DD to WDW but I'm going to have to wait til she's old enough to understand the concept of a touring plan as I couldn't contemplate tackling WDW without one!
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazzys View Post
You'll have a fab time!

Loving the jumpers!

'Ninnie' Mouse usually found at the station end of Main Street (think her & Mickey were on the right side in front of the Liberty Arcade) during EMH!

Enjoy!
Thank you, I suspect we'll be heading straight for characters our first EMH, rides for the second, then see which DD prefers for the third
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tink_83
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Loving your jumpers, they are fab. Hope you all have a great time
tink_83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Just found this & looking forward to reading. Our little girl is only 3 months but I'm hoping to take her in 2019 when she's 2, so I'm interested to read how you got on x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List