Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jul 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope u get ur connecting flight soon x
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you managed to catch your connecting flight OK. Great food report so far.
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Hope the rest of your journey went well and you have a fantastic holiday.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Love your coolbag of snacks, great idea. Glad you enjoyed your Chick-fil-a, it sounds as though the rest of your food wasn't up to scratch.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Your cool bag is impressive! My kids would love that😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Disney Dining QSDP Day 1

So where did I leave you? Yep waiting the lounge of Atlanta airport for our connecting flight! We waited and waited and waited some more! Not to bore you all we landed in Miami at 11.20 and got to our hotel at 1am absolutely zombified! Onwards and upwards let’s not dwell!

Friday morning up and in the hotel lobby to grab something from the free breakfast area on our way out to the car to drive to Orlando. In my brain fog we did not take any pictures but it was pretty boring anyway! Me and the kids had Frosties and Dave had some toast 😂😂.

We jumped in the car and set off around 7.30. 3 hrs later to be greeted by these wonderful arches...

We drove to Coronado and wow what a resort! So impressed!

We were checked in and our room was ready in Casitas 5421. Beautiful room and definitely not the standard view room that we booked! Our view is this...

Whilst Dave waited for suitcases to be delivered to the room Evan and I went to el mercado to pick up our resort mugs and get us some drinks. As you might know Evan is disabled and a wheelchair user so pushing a wheelchair and carrying 4 resort mugs full of drinks was not easy going but he really wanted to come and I didn’t have the heart to say no 🙈! Anyway we got in el mercado around 11.10 in between them shutting and crossing over from breakfast to lunch. I got the manager explaining every dining option, times, menu to me in the whole of Coronado resort when all I did was walk past him and smile 😂😂🙈 I know he was only trying to be helpful but wow 15 minutes of my life I’m never going to get back 😂😂😂!

Anyway resort mugs grabbed and filled we headed back to the room.

And we went to magic kingdom via the bus! Probably our 1st and last Disney bus this trip 😂 we hate them! Waiting at the bus stop

We had a reservation for BOG at 1.35 so we had time to sort Evan’s DAS and go on space for our fp. The kids don’t really like the menu at BOG and didn’t want anything from there. So when we got off space I pre ordered a turkey baguette for me and Dave to share. BOG was mobbed and the order line was mental, so glad I ordered 2 mins before we checked in!

Of course the kids who didn’t want anything both dived in and started eating too! The shame we looked like paupers all huddled round 1 plate of food grabbing for the scraps 😂😂😂🙈 Anyway it filled a little hole before Contempo Cafe for early tea! Buzz Lightyear next which we were allowed to ride twice thanks to a lovely CM. Before storybook treats for a Minnie choc chip sundae.

It melted so fast which I knew would happen but with 4 of us on it we had one man upmanship on it 😜

We then ride haunted mansion and BTM before heading over to the contempo cafe for early tea around 4.

We ordered 2 meat lovers pizzas for the boys swapping the drink for a side of fries. Dave and I ordered the smokehouse burger and Chicago style sub to share. Plus swapped out the drinks for 3 snacks a tart, brownie and crispy treat which we all shared.

Here you order at the till and get given a buzzer and your food is brought over to you. We enjoy the contempo cafe and tonight didn’t disappoint. We walked over to MK to the bus stop back to Coronado. As we stepped under the shelter of the bus stop the first blob of rain dropped and our first thunderstorm erupted! Not often we time things well but this was pure luck!

Back to the room and sorted out cases and a quick 40 winks. I took a walk around the hotel and the grounds checking it all out on my own as nobody wanted to come. Wow it really is a lovely resort. I opted us out of mouse keeping, filled up my resort mug, grabbed a milk as a snack credit for the boys cereal in the morning from panchitos and walked back to the room seeing illuminations along the way! Dropped into bed at 9.30!

So we have between the 4 of us 8 Qs credits per day and 8 SC per day. 1st day was a fail 🙈

5 QS used 51/56 remain
2 SC used 54/56 remain

Thanks for reading 🙌🏻

Edited at 08:50 AM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
For anybody interested and some of you have said you are staying at Coronado here are a few of the pics I’ve taken, only on iPhone like I’m no David Bailey 😜

Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The resort looks beautiful. You seem to have settled in nicely! Love the excitement of the first day and into the parks. Having a giggle at the 15 mins of your life you won’t get back, mugs look good though! Hope you all have a good sleep.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great day
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
QSDP day 2

Well the stomach is definitely stretched! Currently can’t move I’m so stuffed!

We started the day at Animal Kingdom for extra magic hours! We got so much done 2 rides on Everest, triceratops, dinosaur and safari. Followed by lion king, nemo, na’vi and FOP! We left at 2pm. Successful day!

Onto the food. The kids had cereal in the room before we left and we took various cereal bars to the parks for me and Dave and the kids too. I mobile ordered meals from restaurantosaurus and flame tree. We sat in restaurantosaurous where Dave collected that meal and I hot footed it to flame tree to get that order bringing it back to everyone.

We got a chicken, rib pulled pork combo with double beans, large coke and a snack of pulled pork cheese fries

We also got a bacon cheeseburger and cake combo and a drink for a QS

We shared these.

In pandora we tried the Krispy vein pod after hearing great things. We all tried it and said it tasted like every other Krispy treat 🤷🏻

Back at Coronado Evan wanted a pizza and swapped his drink for a Krispy treat.

These pizzas are fresh made and was really delicious, Evan enjoyed it!

Dave and Evan went to cafe rix and used 2 SC on a doughnut and a cake. I was still too full from lunch.

After a swim at the dig site we got ready and went to the Mara for tea. Jacob had a bacon cheeseburger, Evan a pepperoni flatbread (because he’d clearly not had enough pizza today!) Dave and I shared the African pitjole and the buttermilk chicken sandwich. The African stew was delicious, we spiced it up by mixing hot sauce into it. We swapped the drinks for various cakes/cookies. 2 of which have made it back to the room with us 🙈

There is just so much food on the dining plan I’m not used to eating all this food!

44/56 QS remaining
50/56 SC remaining

Edited at 02:05 AM.