Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamessimon12
Being a bit Goofy

Have bought your book many times, have also paid for your planning services and am eagerly waiting for Susan to send my next planner for June 2020 😊
Jamessimon12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

oh goodness, I bought my first one for our first visit when our son was 18 months old. He has just turned 25 so maybe the first run? That book was a great help planning our first trip in February 1996. I read it cover to cover on the flight (via Bangor). It was then lent to friends.
Who knew where we would all be 23.5 years later.
Congratulations on your Silver Anniversary copy.
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wozi View Post
We’ve brought a few, our earliest is the 2000 edition (our 1st WDW trip) which we still have. Others have been passed onto friends and colleagues and the latest one is on order ready for next years trip. I know what my bedtime reading will be ...
That definitely makes you among our earliest readers And that was the Millennium year at WDW, which was really special
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Adore these books,already got the next one on pre order. I tell everyone who goes to buy one x x
And we are genuinely grateful for every recommendation. It sounds like a cliche, but there is nothing better than first-hand feedback for something like this
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jamessimon12 View Post
Have bought your book many times, have also paid for your planning services and am eagerly waiting for Susan to send my next planner for June 2020 😊
I'm pretty sure Susan will already be poised, but I'll give her a heads-up as well
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
oh goodness, I bought my first one for our first visit when our son was 18 months old. He has just turned 25 so maybe the first run? That book was a great help planning our first trip in February 1996. I read it cover to cover on the flight (via Bangor). It was then lent to friends.
Who knew where we would all be 23.5 years later.
Congratulations on your Silver Anniversary copy.
Wow, you definitely did get on board in the VERY early days! Yes, it would have been the first edition (which came out in Dec 95), so you were among our very first readers!

And who else remembers those rather tortuous flights via Bangor? Nine hours non-stop seems slow today, but that re-fuelling stop just made the journey take all day!
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Wow, you definitely did get on board in the VERY early days! Yes, it would have been the first edition (which came out in Dec 95), so you were among our very first readers!

And who else remembers those rather tortuous flights via Bangor? Nine hours non-stop seems slow today, but that re-fuelling stop just made the journey take all day!
I remember flying from a gloomy, drizzly Gatwick in November in the early 90's on our first visit, and landing at Bangor. The door opened and cold air blew in as a man in a fur hooded parka appeared from a snowstorm. The flight continued and the travelogue on the overhead screens was Anna Walker about skiing in Switzerland. We arrived in Orlando to terrific heat as we moved to immigration on what I remember as an outside walkway. The plane was a single aisle with a very tight seat pitch and I can't remember the airline. Flew Virgin after that. We had no expectations on that first trip, but were minded to go back as soon as possible.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
I remember flying from a gloomy, drizzly Gatwick in November in the early 90's on our first visit, and landing at Bangor. The door opened and cold air blew in as a man in a fur hooded parka appeared from a snowstorm. The flight continued and the travelogue on the overhead screens was Anna Walker about skiing in Switzerland. We arrived in Orlando to terrific heat as we moved to immigration on what I remember as an outside walkway. The plane was a single aisle with a very tight seat pitch and I can't remember the airline. Flew Virgin after that. We had no expectations on that first trip, but were minded to go back as soon as possible.
My very first trip was in February, via Bangor, hence I can relate to that cold blast! It wasn't snowing but there WAS snow (and ice) on the ground. Felt very alien. I think the plane was a 757 (max range, 3,900 miles; Gatwick to Bangor, 3,084), so it would have felt cramped for that long; our package was with Cosmos so I'm not sure who we actually flew with. My old scrapbook would probably tell me (if I could find it! ).
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I pre ordered as usual and have just checked with Amazon to see if it was released yet, as usual I can’t wait, this will be my 12 edition. ( Spooky that I then Come onto the Dibb and here is your post !)
We always look forward to it and a copy has been devoured and taken with us on each and every trip and on the years we haven’t gone we still bought it as usually one of our kids was going instead
We have spent many evenings pouring over your Book enjoying our trip planning.
Thanks you so much for all the info, help and advice over the years, it has truly been invaluable.

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Genuinely well done on creating an institution. You should be very proud. Given the amount of difficulty it must be I have to presume your photograph was taken many years ago! If not then I am in the wrong business.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List