Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Jan 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Universal overnight stay advice needed

Hi
We are staying onsite at Disney in August but are planning 2 / 3 days at universal. I’ve read on here about staying overnight at universal and using tesco clubcard vouchers, so I looked into it as this might reduce the need to only have 2 days at universal.

Have I got this right that if we book an overnight stay at Loews Royal Pacific resort we would get the unlimited express pass for all guests for the 2 days that we would be there?

In terms of logistics what time would you leave disney in the morning? Presumably you can leave your bags in the universal hotel and then check into room later and likewise leave bags there on the second day and pick them up when you are ready to return to Disney?

The other question is it says that your room key acts as your pass, if you do get there at say 8am would the room key be ready?

Is this worth doing do you think?

Many thanks

Edited at 11:52 PM.
Jaspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there,

I am no expert but we’ve done this a couple of times so hopefully i can offer a little advice.
Yes you get express passes for the day that you check in and the day you check out so for a one night stay - 2 days passes.
You can check in very early in the morning and leave your luggage with bell services - they will text or email you when your room is ready.
I think we have checked in around 8am previously so we are there just about for park opening.
Its a great hotel we love it there!
Old 4 Jan 20, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Hi. As above you get express passes for everyone staying in the room(s) for check in and check out day. So 2 days worth for one nights stay.

You can check in as early as you like and you’ll be issued with express passes and notified when your room is ready (by text or pop back to the resort later if that’s not possible).

We checked in at 6:30 for a 7am early opening on our first visit. We took an overnight bag and this was left with bell services.

We left our bags with bell services until we left.

We took an Uber/taxi as we weren’t driving, but I think it also worked out cheaper than paying for parking even if we did hire a car.

It’s absolutely worth doing and we always do this every trip.

Hope that helps.

Edited at 02:06 AM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thank you for your replies I will book it today!
Jaspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kellwall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is what I've been researching the last couple of days. All booked now.
kellwall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I know you said you're booked but, just as some added fodder, I would now never consider doing Universal without staying at RPR - it's *that* good!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellwall View Post
This is what I've been researching the last couple of days. All booked now.
Would you mind me asking if you got a good deal? Looking for our April trip
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

It was £260 but I used £90 of Tesco vouchers x
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kellwall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Didn't get a deal tbh. But it's something we said last visit we would do. So I bit the bullet and booked. We are going in peak time which doesn't help. Hope you get a deal
kellwall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
We used to pay around £270 per night for August - this August it's costing double that
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List