Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sky Discounts - how do you know when they are ending? UPDATE - frustrating but got there eventually!

Update 22 Sep:

I've now had an email from Sky telling me that my price will increase by £4 a month. I want to discuss this and the website tells me not to call and yet live chat doesn't appear to be available.

It seems a bit ridiculous to call but I appear to have no other option. And whilst £4 per month isn't a massive burden that's not really the point

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We have some offers on our Sky TV package and I am sure they are due to end soon but I can't see anywhere on the online account to see a date.

I know there used to be an online chat but I can't find that either and I don't really want to phone for such a minor query.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas where the online chat function has gone? I know I had trouble finding it last time too...

Edited at 10:31 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Have a look at your future bills it usually has the price change on it.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I know there used to be an online chat but I can't find that either and I don't really want to phone for such a minor query.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas where the online chat function has gone?
Future bills should be available on your Sky box. Press SERVICES then MY ACCOUNT.

SFAIK chat hasn't been available since Indian call handling shut due to pandemic, it's definitely not there.

I would ring Sky, there are some big discounts on the go if you are out of contract, or soon will be.

I know people that have full package for £25, one is now paying £17.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Have a look at your future bills it usually has the price change on it.
It does, but it doesn’t show the date and it seems further away than I expected.

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Future bills should be available on your Sky box. Press SERVICES then MY ACCOUNT.

SFAIK chat hasn't been available since Indian call handling shut due to pandemic, it's definitely not there.

I would ring Sky, there are some big discounts on the go if you are out of contract, or soon will be.

Yeah I might try ringing but it isn’t super urgent. I just don’t know why there isn’t an easy way to see what the offer date end date is...
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post

Chat is working again , offers are usually 18 months in duration.
Phones are Not particularly busy at the moment and wait times quoted tend to be exaggerated on the IVR .

Full package means including sports, cinema Boxsets , BT sports and Netflix. I’ll bet my house they aren’t getting all that for £25 , it’ll be Entertainment, Boxsets and maybe Netflix... your friend is pulling your chain or you’ve misunderstood

Edited at 05:05 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Are they doing offers for existing customers? Mine was £10 as I had a deal through work. That ended and now it’s £30 which is more than I’m wanting to pay. That just the basic package
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Chat is working again.

Full package means including sports, cinema Boxsets , BT sports and Netflix. I’ll bet my house they aren’t getting all that for £25 , it’ll be Entertainment, Boxsets and maybe Netflix...
No not Netflix, not BT Sport, just all the Sky channels. I've seen their account on their phone.
They are not friends I just work with them.

Can I ask is chat back at limited times please, whenever I look it just says call us.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Are they doing offers for existing customers? Mine was £10 as I had a deal through work. That ended and now it’s £30 which is more than I’m wanting to pay. That just the basic package
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Give them a call I was all prepared to do that, but with a month to go received an email to say my prices were staying the same for another year, most unexpected, I was dreading it, only been with them for 18 months this time too
Good luck
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I didn’t even receive an email to say mine were going up. I’ve only noticed by chance so I’ve laid full price for 6 months.