Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Thanks very much for reply that sounds like a great trip, I keep going back and forth from doing everything in one trip and doing it in 2 trips, just can’t decide which places I want to do most😩
It’s so hard deciding what to include and miss out! It’s such a big area with so many (and varied!) fabulous things to see.

I would totally agree with Pinkandfluffy though - we have found it much more enjoyable to do slightly less stops and explore more in the areas we stayed in
Old 16 Aug 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It’s so hard deciding what to include and miss out! It’s such a big area with so many (and varied!) fabulous things to see.

I would totally agree with Pinkandfluffy though - we have found it much more enjoyable to do slightly less stops and explore more in the areas we stayed in
Hi again, my current idea is fly to LA for 3 nights, Yosemite 3 nights(maybe 1 night somewhere on route if drive is long), San Francisco 3 nights, Monterey 2 nights, Santa Barbara 1 night and finishing with 3 nights in Anaheim, flying home from LA? Then maybe Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon in a separate trip? Only place missing now is San Diego which I would love to visit
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Hi again, my current idea is fly to LA for 3 nights, Yosemite 3 nights(maybe 1 night somewhere on route if drive is long), San Francisco 3 nights, Monterey 2 nights, Santa Barbara 1 night and finishing with 3 nights in Anaheim, flying home from LA? Then maybe Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon in a separate trip? Only place missing now is San Diego which I would love to visit
Depending on where you are in LA and where you are staying in Yosemite it could be a long drive but you definitely need at least 3 nights in Yosemite and San Francisco. What would you do for the 3 nights in LA at the start of the holiday?
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
Depending on where you are in LA and where you are staying in Yosemite it could be a long drive but you definitely need at least 3 nights in Yosemite and San Francisco. What would you do for the 3 nights in LA at the start of the holiday?
In LA we would visit Universal, Warner Bros studio, the usual sights in Hollywood and hopefully Santa Monica pier, so plenty for 3 nights I think😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi, thanks for reply that was my initial thought to drop Vegas and GC, but then I can’t figure out how to do a round trip flying in and out of L.A. as we’d be doubling back on ourselves driving up the coast, as for for flight budgets there is 5 of us so I wouldn’t want to go higher than £700, I think I just need to be patient really and wait it out a couple of months for flight I’m just really impatient to get something booked😂
I know the feeling! I get seriously itchy feet round about now in the year when the flights are just starting to come out and you just want to get booked 😬
If you want to fly in and out of LAX I would prob start with LA, drive up to Yosemite (a long drive but doable in a day), then over to San Fran, down to Monterey, then somewhere along the Big Sur, Santa Barbara before ending back in LA. Depending on time you could squeeze a couple of nights in San Diego at the end but depends on how many nights you spend in the other places beforehand.
For £700pp I really don’t think you’ll have a problem getting flights, have you looked at in to SFO and out of LAX so you don’t have to do a round trip?
I know it’s seriously tempting to squeeze everything in to one trip as there’s so much to see, I really would recommend doing fewer stops as I promise you’ll love every place and wish you had longer each time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I know the feeling! I get seriously itchy feet round about now in the year when the flights are just starting to come out and you just want to get booked 😬
If you want to fly in and out of LAX I would prob start with LA, drive up to Yosemite (a long drive but doable in a day), then over to San Fran, down to Monterey, then somewhere along the Big Sur, Santa Barbara before ending back in LA. Depending on time you could squeeze a couple of nights in San Diego at the end but depends on how many nights you spend in the other places beforehand.
For £700pp I really don’t think you’ll have a problem getting flights, have you looked at in to SFO and out of LAX so you don’t have to do a round trip?
I know it’s seriously tempting to squeeze everything in to one trip as there’s so much to see, I really would recommend doing fewer stops as I promise you’ll love every place and wish you had longer each time
Hi again, that’s pretty much the exact itinerary I’ve come up with if you look a few posts back😂, I think I do have to be sensible and drop a few places, I’d be tempted to book for May/June because the flight prices are good but as it’s the summer I really want I’ll hold off for a few months and then decide
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that is a really good first draft
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree flying into SFO and home from LAX would save some doubling back
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi again, that’s pretty much the exact itinerary I’ve come up with if you look a few posts back😂, I think I do have to be sensible and drop a few places, I’d be tempted to book for May/June because the flight prices are good but as it’s the summer I really want I’ll hold off for a few months and then decide
Oh haha, great minds!
May/June would be a lovely time to go but if you could squeeze 3 weeks into the summer hols then hold off for now as it would give you so much more time.
We’re stuck with a 2 week holiday for next year, which is such a ridiculous first world problem to have but once you get used to going away for 3 weeks I had a little grump about it 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Oh haha, great minds!
May/June would be a lovely time to go but if you could squeeze 3 weeks into the summer hols then hold off for now as it would give you so much more time.
We’re stuck with a 2 week holiday for next year, which is such a ridiculous first world problem to have but once you get used to going away for 3 weeks I had a little grump about it 😂
I know, it’s silly to not be happy about a 2 week holiday but 3 weeks is so much nicer😀