Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We live in Edinburgh and have been given a choice of dates in October and November to attend a dedicated local drive through (not the Covid one) rather go to a doctors surgery. If you can’t go to the drive through then there is a list of pharmacies who will do it (free if you are eligible). The time you turn up is allocated by the first initial of your surname. We are to have our sleeveless arms ready!

Strange times.

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
We live in Edinburgh and have been given a choice of dates in October and November to attend a dedicated local drive through (not the Covid one) rather go to a doctors surgery. If you can’t go to the drive through then there is a list of pharmacies who will do it (free if you are eligible). The time you turn up is allocated by the first initial of your surname. We are to have our sleeveless arms ready!

Strange times.
What a great idea, you don't have to go into the surgery, which is a big plus at the moment.

I've got to take my inlaws for their jabs next week, they have a list as long as a sheet of A4 paper, giving them all the do's and don'ts when they get there. They can't wear a coat, they should also remove any sleeves before they go in, they are not allowed to sit down in the surgery or touch anything.

My sister and brother in law had theirs last week, and both said they hardly noticed it this year, no sore arms.
Old 21 Sep 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
What a great idea, you don't have to go into the surgery, which is a big plus at the moment.

I've got to take my inlaws for their jabs next week, they have a list as long as a sheet of A4 paper, giving them all the do's and don'ts when they get there. They can't wear a coat, they should also remove any sleeves before they go in, they are not allowed to sit down in the surgery or touch anything.

My sister and brother in law had theirs last week, and both said they hardly noticed it this year, no sore arms.
It does sound good. As far as I have understood the local drive through is for the local medical practices only and are held on a Saturday and Sunday (at a local business park). Families can be done at the same time.

I’m guessing this will be replicated in other parts of the city.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our local GP practice did the jabs in the entrance way in screened sections. We had to wait outside until our name was called then straight in one door and then straight out the back door. Very quick and efficient.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

I have to pay. Asked in superdrug and boots. Only for over 65s or those Eligible for free jabs.

Of only I was still employed by the NHS.

I'll have to wait
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
I have to pay. Asked in superdrug and boots. Only for over 65s or those Eligible for free jabs.

I'll have to wait
DH isn't eligible for a free jab but is due to have his at Boots on Friday. I booked online.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post

I'll have to wait
Do you have an Asda nearby? I have got mine booked. They are doing nhs currently and then from the first week of October they are allowing private. Plus it’s cheaper than all the others and is only £8.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I get mine on the NHS as I work in a Hospital.

Not everyone does, but it is about protecting others. If I was to get influenza, then I am most likely to pass it on without knowing that I had it during the incubation period.

As I spend part of most days dealing with confused eldercare patients on the wards and in direct physical contact, I feel that I would be failing in my duty of care to not have protected them from influenza as best as I can by having the jab.

Last years made my right arm ache for nearly a month.. and those of several colleagues. This does not normally happen to me.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:09 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I had mine done at my local Tesco pharmacy yesterday, I booked online a couple of weeks ago, cost £9, i was in 2 minutes, barely felt it but I did start with a sore achy arm shortly after but that’s common, it’s still sore but I feel fine otherwise

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Boots say no more bookings online. I'll maybe call asda or tesco! Boots and superdrug more convenient as can walk there.

I must have been too slow to book.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List