Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile Letting agents

So I have enquired about a house that has come up. For rent. The agents want to complete full reference forms before we can even book a viewing. They say it it because of covid and to reduce viewing to those serious about renting.

Is this really the case? Or this agency being a bit ott?

I can perfectly understand the reduction in viewings. But full reference just to view seems a bit much?

Can anyone shed any light please? Thanks
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
So I have enquired about a house that has come up. For rent. The agents want to complete full reference forms before we can even book a viewing. They say it it because of covid and to reduce viewing to those serious about renting.

I can perfectly understand the reduction in viewings. But full reference just to view seems a bit much?

The cost of referencing is now paid by the landlord so this will not be of any cost to you.

I can understand this if it's a popular property, the agents do not want to spend time with time wasters and the current incumbents do not want lots of people traipsing through their home.

It sound like a good idea to me.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Why do you not want it?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Probably due to the new eviction protection rules and time wasting for the agent. So many people like a property but don’t have the references so the estate agency has wasted time, showing the property and then waiting just to get a no and probably don’t want to be at risk showing a property when ultimately the person won’t be able to rent it.

Not saying that is you just probably were they are coming from
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t know if it is the normal these days, but it sounds like a very sensible idea.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t know if it is the normal these days, but it sounds like a very sensible idea.
As a landlord luckily I have no empty properties now but did have tenants leave just on lockdown and was not allowed to show the property for several weeks so took longer than usual to relet. I used the time to get a contractor into redecorate etc they were happy to be there working alone.

If we lock down again I am sure more LLs will do this as the time it takes to wipe down a property and show it at the moment is much longer. When there are tenants I situation they simply dont want anyone in their home untill they have left which is u understandable.
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

I work at a Letting agency, we might consider doing this if we had a really popular property to reduce the number of people viewing but it's not something we are doing at the moment.
Old 22 Sep 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

It just seems an awful lot of info to hand over just to see if I can view the house? I have no issue completing the form is I was to move there. Tbh I would rather see it 1st.

As I said its hard to get a house in this area and this probably is a little big for us. Also I've looked at the our side and its obvious the pics on the web site are old.
I will have to lump it I guess by the sounds of it 😒

Edited at 01:51 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List