Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 16, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by becsluvssw View Post
we love late sitting, we have a 6 and 9 year old but we always eat later when we are on holiday, they have late afternoon snacks anyway so they can wait until later. it will be fine, don't over think it!
You're right, I'm absolutely overthinking this!

I chose late for a reason, think I should stick with it as it will probably suit us just fine. Not to get myself off the wait, maybe
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are on a 7 night med cruise on the magic in August which has been granted by the make a wish foundation to my son and they have booked us in for the first sitting which I didn't realise was so early! Would we be able to change sittings onboard or should I speak to the organisers to ask them to change beforehand?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
You're right, I'm absolutely overthinking this!

I chose late for a reason, think I should stick with it as it will probably suit us just fine. Not to get myself off the wait, maybe
I am speaking with hindsight believe me! I was so an over planner, PowerPoint presentations and the lot ! However I did no planning for the cruise part of it as I wanted surprises and it had no effect on our holiday it was amazing! The cruise is an opportunity to relax and enjoy and just go with the flow.
Quick tip for late dining, get the kids stuff ordered and fed them the kids club people come and take the kids to kids club at 9 so you can finish your dinner, our kids went some nights and chose to stay with is on others.
Another tip is late night rides on the Aqua duck! Fab quiet no question and seeing the boat lit up is great! Make sure you ride both in the day and night!

Final trip don't for her to order late night room service!

Edited at 08:11 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

I am speaking with hindsight believe me! I was so an over planner, PowerPoint presentations and the lot ! However I did no planning for the cruise part of it as I wanted surprises and it had no effect on our holiday it was amazing! The cruise is an opportunity to relax and enjoy and just go with the flow.
Quick tip for late dining, get the kids stuff ordered and fed them the kids club people come and take the kids to kids club at 9 so you can finish your dinner, our kids went some nights and chose to stay with is on others.
Another tip is late night rides on the Aqua duck! Fab quiet no question and seeing the boat lit up is great! Make sure you ride both in the day and night!

Final trip don't for her to order late night room service!
Do you remember what time the Aquaduck ran to? Late night rides sound fab! (Not sure I could squeeze in room service after a 9pm dinner though...oohh..an ice cream?..that will just fit down the gaps )
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

11pm I think on the slide.

we ordered about 1am when we got in! Kids have cheeseburgers and a cheese board for the adults!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

11pm I think on the slide.

we ordered about 1am when we got in! Kids have cheeseburgers and a cheese board for the adults!
Haha! Love your style
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
we love late sitting, we have a 6 and 9 year old but we always eat later when we are on holiday, they have late afternoon snacks anyway so they can wait until later. it will be fine, don't over think it!
This is so true. Overthinking things is common for newbies, all we can do is reassure them!

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
I just eat all day and all night on a cruise so the meal times don't matter much 😜
This is me! ha

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We are on a 7 night med cruise on the magic in August which has been granted by the make a wish foundation to my son and they have booked us in for the first sitting which I didn't realise was so early! Would we be able to change sittings onboard or should I speak to the organisers to ask them to change beforehand?
I would put in a request now definitely and if it doesn't come up before you cruise, have a look on your Navigator on the day you board and it will tell you where to go for dining room changes. On the Magic, it's normally in Lumieres (side entrance, not the one in the atrium).
Old 16 Apr 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Would you believe it, after deciding were probably better sticking with late dining the wait list for first seating just came through!

So we're now on first, but can change online back to second.

I think I'm going to leave it as is for now as its looks like it's pretty easy to change to late so we can do that if we decide late would work better for us.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Good plan waiting and deciding. Its fairly easy to change to second dining but not so easy to change to first.
Old 17 Apr 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread