Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
marmite04
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

change days for a fastpass?

so in my head (and on numerous bits of paper) i have a plan for which park on which day, with most meals kind of tied into this, but i keep having dreams that i cant tie any fastpasses. hoping these stay as dreams and in reality ill be fine when my time comes to book, but i was wondering whats more important to others. its only 3 of us, and my hubby is not of the planning interest kind, hes leaving everything to me on all aspects of planning. the trip is for our 6yr old gd, so everything is geared round her. so should i stick to the meals and parks on certain days and if the fastpasses dont fit then drop them, or should i look at changing meals around to fit the parks around fastpasses? having never done this, no one has anything to go by, so wont know what they are missing out on, or not doing iykwim.
like i said, interested on how others fit their days around things?

we are staying onsite with a car so running around is no biggie, but could be annoying if i make hubby park hop?
Old 2 Aug 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

If you're staying onsite and booking your FP+ at 60 days out, then it's really unlikely you won't be able to get the FP+ you want. I mean, really unlikely. For particularly hard to get attractions, book them first - even if it's for your last day that you want it, rather than working through your trip in chronological order.
I would not park hop for a certain FP+ unless the attraction went down for refurb the next day and this was our only chance to do it. Even with a car park hopping takes a lot of time - walking out the park, tram to the car, drive, tram to the park, security, walking in... Now it's worth it if you want to do half days but I wouldn't personally do that for any FP+ or ADR under normal circumstances.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I take it that you've already got the meals booked? If so, then that already sorts out which park you will be in. If not, then you need to get them booked looking at your countdown as popular ones go quickly when booking opens up at 180 days.

Being onsite, you'll be able to book your FP+ at 60 days out so should easily get everything you want - we've never had any problems, so I wouldn't worry. Chances are that you'll visit parks more than once too, so if there's something that you can't get on your first visit then try for a subsequent one. Just be online at 12pm at 60 days and you'll be fine

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don't think it'll be an issue. We've booked all our FP at times that suited us. I probably wouldn't tinker with meals unless you absolutely can't get a FP you really want on a specific day but if you book them 60 days out you'll be fine.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

Hi - we are not "on-siters" and so could only book FP at 30 days out. I did a draft plan and then booked our ADRs around that at the 180-ish days mark and then when it came to FP, I booked those round the ADRs (and by default the park plan - does that make sense?)

Anyway - even at 30 days out I could book all the FP that we wanted other than the elusive FEA which I then managed to get with the help of a lovely on-site dibber who released her FPs which I was able to grab. This meant swapping 2 days round and moving an ADR, but this was really easy to do

So - this is a very long winded way of saying that you should have no problems fitting your FPs into your existing plan!
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread