Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Mar 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

First family trip to DLP - Feb 2017 - Day 4

This morning we stuck with our now favoured plan of getting up early and heading down to the Compass Club for breakfast, I obviously decided it was exciting to take a photograph of Sally's pregnancy pass.

A look out of the window showed that the weather was looking decidedly wet this morning. Much more what we expected than yesterday's sunshine.

Breakfast was a similar fare to every other day. Hot and well prepared in a nice relaxing atmosphere. I could get used to this.

So we set off to the Disneyland Parc as by now every other word from Emma was either, "tea cup ride" or, "the horsey one". Although everywhere was wet outside there was no rain.

This was our first stop this morning.

Chloe has realised this morning that she had lost her bag. It was a small black bag but it had about £80 sterling in it, a Michael Kors purse that her grandparents bought her, a Luis Vuitton card holder, bank cards and who knows what else. Chloe was very upset but although it came as no real surprise to Sally or I. She got a bit of a lecture and heaven only knows why she has the cash in there when she couldn't spend it in France anyway. Anyway, lectures eventually turned to sympathy as it was wages for a few weeks from her Saturday job. We had studied yesterday's photos as Chloe couldn't remember where she had it last. It soon became apparent from the photos that she didn't have it with her on our arrival in Main Street yesterday morning. We were as certain as we could be that she had it when we left the hotel yesterday morning. This meant it was highly likely she had left it at the bag check when entering the Disney. We obviously enquired at the bag drop this morning as it was the same male and female member of staff that were there yesterday morning. Strangely, they didn't seem to speak English as well this morning

We asked at the Town Hall (I think that's what it was) about lost property. they checked what they had out the back but nothing was matching. Sally filled out some paperwork providing contact details and what was in the bag. Told them where we last had it which was pretty vague. Said where we think we may have had it last. At this point the CM said that any lost property there should make its way here although he gave the distinct impression her thought it was unlikely.

Chloe was fighting back the tears from her little lesson in life as we headed up Main Street towards fantasyland. Emma was soon in her happy place heading onto the teacup ride and waving away to Sally each time we passed.

We were then straight onto the carousel. These are the kind of rides I had always avoided at Theme Parks before this trip but obviously seeing them through Emma's eyes and seeing how excited she was each time made them one of the highlights of our trip.

We had discussed whether to do the Princess Pavillion again this morning. Sally and Chloe had basically decided unless it was Ariel (Sally's favourite princess and therefore Emma's) then we would give it a miss. As we walked passed the Princess Pavillion with it's queue building already we saw that it was Arial today. We walked towards the disabled entrance to the side and there was already a number of people waiting there too. We got talking to a lady there who told us that there are only so many disabled pass slots throughout the day so unless you get there early and queue you would be unlikely to get one. (Kind of defeats the object of them if you ask me). Anyway, we decided to join the queue with Sally's pregnancy pass and wait it out. After about 4 minutes a CM appeared and one by one people were called forward and and in turn given times to return. That's except for us of course. We were sent back to the front of the main queue to speak to the CM there who gave us a time to return which was about 90 minutes later (the current queue time). So actually we completely wasted our time waiting and it seems that the pregnancy pass actually has more benefit than the disabled ones. Strange set up really!

With a bit of time wasted Chloe and I took Emma on Pinocchio. The queue wasn't very long and sally went off to get a coffee in the meantime as no expectant mothers were allowed on this either.

We then decided it was time to hit Small world again. The queue for this was pretty much always short the whole time we were there.

Off to Big thunder mountain next as we had only ridden it at night. Chloe and I used a hotel fastpass as we had 3 each for today due to Sally not being able to use any and the extra three were given in the queue for the flying carpets last night.

This was definitely up there with my favourite rides in both parks. It was a shame that Space Mountain and Star Wars and POTC were closed for our visit. We did know this when we booked though so it wasn't unexpected. It just meant that, with it being half term, all the other big rides had queues that were exponentially longer.
By the time we came off Big Thunder Mountain the heavens had opened so we took cover for a little while whilst it cleared. Luckily it was just a shower.

Our time to return to the Princess Pavillion was now upon us. We returned to the disable entrance at the back (we had checked we were in the right place this time). We pressed the bell there and a CM appeared to greet us. We only waited for a few moments and were then led in to meet Arial. Emma was very wary to start with so it was left for Chloe to talk to Arial. It did make me laugh when Arial asked Chloe if she had been swimming yet and when Chloe said, "no", she replied with, "I like swimming" and giggled. All very cheesy but for some reason I found it funny.

After this we met up with Sally's sister, Brother-In-Law and Nephew. Noah was wanting to so on some rides with Emma. You can guess what Emma wanted to go on! So Sarah took Emma and Chloe so Sally and I just stood back and watched. We saw a Tigger meet and greet at this point and used Sally's pregnancy pass to get a return time. It actually felt strange but lovely to have 20 minutes to ourselves as they rode the tea cups and the carousel. Having said that I distinctly remember sally giving me a dead arm when I made a couple of comments about finally finding good value at Disney by enjoying rear entry with Arial.

Our meeting with Tigger was now due.

Just as we walked away from here I suddenly became aware of someone standing next to me who pointed at Sarah's bag and said something similar to, "You seem to have had a terrible accident with your mustard".

Time was ticking on and Sally was certainly tiring from the exertions. We decided to head back to the hotel for a little break. On the way out I popped into the Disneyland Hotel to find out where our restaurant was for later this evening. On the way out Chloe and Emma also bought a couple more of the commemorative coins for the slot machine things.

On returning to the hotel we popped into the Compass Club to see if I could get lunch at Auberge de Cendrillion for tomorrow. I had tried earlier by phone and was told it was fully booked. Decided you never know your luck and thought I'd try again in case there had been any cancellations. No joy unfortunately but Emma left quite happy when the CM pulled a couple of chocolate coins from his drawer and gave them to her.

After a bit of a rest we decided to head over for a short visit to Disney Studios as Sally's sister was there and they were going home today. We sat down and had a drink with the, I forget where. We then decided with fancied another ride on rock'n'rollercoaster. We gave Steve and Sarah a couple of hotel fastpasses with Chloe and I using the other 2 as we knew it was unlikely we would use them all today. Sally looked after the kids... I think Emma started settled in her pushchair for a nap by this point.

Afterwards we said our goodbyes. Steve and Sarah gave us a couple of half board vouchers that they didn't get to use due to visiting Paris the day before, We actually ended up putting them towards ur meal tonight and they didn't question the fact that they weren't in our name.

We were soon walking out of the studios and across to the Disney land hotel but as we were early we decided to sit and have a rest in the lobby and let Emma continue her nap hoping she would be happy for dinner.

I was very impressed with how the Disneyland hotel looks after their guests. There was even a surgeon waiting in the lobby area in case anyone needed any medical procedures done.

Once Emma woke we walked up to Inventions for our meal. There was a short wait before the restaurant opened.

Once the restaurant opened we were welcomed in and parked our pushchair up near the entrance. We were taken in and then to the room on the right instead of left to the buffet area. I think we were lucky as it was a very pleasant dining atmosphere here whereas the other side near the buffet seemed narrow, cramped and noisy. I wouldn't have been as impressed if we were in there.

A CM spoke with us and explained how it all worked. He also told us that the characters would come to us and if we thought we had been missed at all to let him know and he would sort things.

We ordered some drinks. The same beer I had been drinking at the Newport Bay was 1 Euro more expensive in here. Soon Pinocchio appeared at our table.

This was pretty soon followed by Goofy. Emma was really not keen on going near him (maybe because of his height?) but he approached me and whilst looking it Emma he put his arm around me and started shaking hands with me. Emma was certainly put at ease by this.

Emma really made me laugh after this. We sat back down and as Goofy was just walking out the room she called out really loudly, "Bye bye Donald Duck". She hasn't met or even seen Donald Duck as far as I'm aware.

We headed up to get some food at this point. The food was OK. There was a fairly limited choice but it was all fresh and hot and most will find something that they can eat. Certainly not worth the price but we all know it's not the food you are paying for coming here.

The queue for the buffet.. but it all moved along pretty quickly.

When sitting back enjoying our meal a friend of Emma's appeared next to her.

Mickey was brilliant. Emma handed him a chicken nugget which he took and pretended to eat. I was just a really good interaction all round and in no way rushed. I was lovely to see and made it all worthwhile. Sally decided to take a picture of me saying I was crying...I wasn't.

Soon after this Mr Smee came by. I have no idea who he is in all honesty. As I type this Chloe seems to think he's in Hook.

While we were still eating Emma passed some time lining up Mickey and Minnie to watch something on Sally's phone with her.

At some stage I definitely went back for a second plateful of mains. I'd had a vegetable soup for start. I also had a selection of desserts. The food was of a decent quality really. One time that I was in the buffet area I briefly saw Pluto appear but never saw him again and he had never appeared in our room. I mentioned this to Sally as we was waiting for the bill and she didn't believe me. She thought I was winding her up because Pluto's her favourite apparently (not that I even knew that). Anyway, I went and spoke to the CM who seated us and he said he wasn't sure Pluto was in inventions tonight. Anyway within a couple of minutes he came back gave us the bill, presented Emma with a lovely little princess badge and said Pluto would be with us in a moment. When he entered the room he came straight to our table.

I thoroughly enjoyed this experience. I still think it's horrifically overpriced but the character interaction and the service was excellent. It was lovely to experience this with the girls and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We headed into the Disneyland Parc and met up with our friends from work to watch Dreams. Our spot wasn't as good this time as we were arriving last minute. We thought we would be able to see but once kids went on shoulders the view was blocked. Chloe managed to squeeze in a space and see reasonably well and I put Emma on my shoulders so that she could see. She was mesmerised by it again. We then managed to escape through the side bit off main street (sorry not a pro so can't remember the name) and got out of the parc pretty quickly for our nice stroll back to the hotel.

We then had our nightly ritual of flopping into the chairs in the Compass Club for a drink before bed. Chloe had a non-alcoholic cocktail of some sort whilst I had a beer. Sally and Emma had soft drinks of some kind.

If it wasn't for the bag loss today would have been the perfect day for us here. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had nearly not booked Inventions because I thought it was a rip off but I'm really glad we did. It was one of the highlights of our trip.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Poor Chloe! It's the sort of thing my daughter would do.
We love Inventions. Foods ok. But the character interaction is fab
Looking forward to reading more
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List