Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Have you considered whale watching from Monterey, possibly 2 nights , we did this last year and had a fantastic morning. Santa Barbara we stayed 1 night but when we retun will stay 2. LA area do you need 6/7 days there. If your not sure about San Diego then you can easily fit in a night1/2 nights at yosemite . In the past we did San Diegos safari park which was very good, especially the close at hand cheetah run. San Fran is reasonably easy to get around so you just need to check what you want to do,Alcatraz ,cycle over the bridge to sausilito and back on ferry,city park and maybe some shopping.tram car ride and of course Lombard st
Thank you. I will look into the whale watching, a few reports of sea-sickness had put me off slightly?!, although the trip must be amazing.

I think I am leaning towards San Diego, have read a few trip reports and the sticky by Dibber Aims and it looks a gorgeous place.

Had all those things on my list for San Fran, thank you.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Hi we have a very similar trip planned for next April/March. We too are flying to New York first as we loved it so much when we visited last August. This is our itinerary so far...
New York 4 nights
San Francisco 4 nights
Yosemite 3 nights
Monterey 2 nights
Pismo 1 night
LA 2 nights
Anahein 4 nights
Las Vegas 4 nights
Sounds like a fab trip too - there are so many amazing places to visit on the west coast. It's hard to fit everything in. I'm trying to be conscious of taking the time to enjoy places and not trying to fit too much in, hence the reason to probably miss out Yosemite. I'm sure our plans will change a lot between now and next summer. Happy planning
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
4 days in NY would only really allow you skim the surface of things to do, but with a bit of planning and visiting attractions in the same area, it's very doable.

We found San Diego a fantastic place and it was one of our DDs favourite places, especially the beaches at La Jolla and Coronado.

We did three days at Disney which was more than enough time - the two parks are literally a minutes walk apart, and at the time, you could hold Fastpasses in both parks on the same day. On the other two days, we visited Newport Beach, and visited the Ventura County Fair.

This summer we are returning to the West Coast to fill in those areas we missed last time - into Los Angeles with 6 nights at Marina del Ray (planning also to visit Warner Bros or Paramount studios), 5 nights in Las Vegas (doing a day trip to the Grand Canyon), then flying up to San Francisco for 4 nights before returning home.

Thanks for the info. Myself and DH were in NY for 5 nights way back in 2000 so hopefully we will be able to pick the main sights for the kids to see. Thats a good point about visiting attractions in a specific area though. Don't think we were as organised back then and I remember walking for miles!

Maybe we will consider dropping to 3 nights at Anaheim as it seems that is enough for most.

Enjoy your planning for your own trip this year
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi for the whale watching we went with sanctuary cruises from moss landing. They have a marine biologist on board which was great for loads of info. As for sea sickness they have special wristband which seem to work, nobody was sick who had one on
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi for the whale watching we went with sanctuary cruises from moss landing. They have a marine biologist on board which was great for loads of info. As for sea sickness they have special wristband which seem to work, nobody was sick who had one on
Thank you, will have a look into it.
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Louiseanne View Post
I'm thinking of this for august 2018 - how do you find your flights?
We have booked flights with Thomas Cook airlines. They were very reasonable, we flew with them last year and couldn't fault them. Just need to book the internal flight next.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List