Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My thoughts on MSC Divina

Wow what a beautiful ship , with the best entertainment I have seen .Great sized cabin .food good not great but not poor like reviews .But what the ship dose win is it has the MOST RUDE people on it I have ever met :angry: ... mostly Europeans or South American . We queued then they just push in .If your Italian you are given given better service ..we were the only table of Britts in the side of the dinning room all others where Italians .. No matter what time we got there we were always last to be served.Apart from the drinks to which we tipped the server well . 99% of the staff I would say are unhappy or just unhelpful .Feel awful saying it but would I use them again ..probley not ... we were moored next to NCL and Disney at our last port
...you could tell they difference Back to NCL next trip .Although having parked next to PO Azura at another port although not the best looking was a hoot they were great at having interaction between us and them .
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Sorry that it wasn't great for you. Did you mention about being served last and if you did, what was their response?
Old 27 Mar 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I think sometimes it can depend on the route too.
Old 28 Mar 17, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Sorry that it wasn't great for you. Did you mention about being served last and if you did, what was their response?
No we never in all honesty wish we had as we exploded on disembarkation 😡And I have now sent a email and feedback to them .. we were all given a time and a place to self disembark with our own luggage us and quiet s few Americans were all down early .. it was chaos when we asked a lady who we later found out was a manager . She dismissed us with a flick of her hand . When I complained to another member of staff I was told I was shouting at him 😳 My question was why were we all queuing as we had all holiday for others to just walk in front and be allowed to get off when they were suppose to wait until after us " he told me to calm down Luv 😡.. anyone who knows me knows. Wetter than to call me Luv ! It was like 2 levels of service ... if MSC want to break the American market they need to not have dual standards .. but it was a learning curve ... I won't be using them again and await to see what response I get from my emails .I also gave them feedback on that 1 person on both disembarkation and embarkation at ports for a ship that holds 4000+ and takes at least 30 mins more if you have a day when the pushers in don't want to wait is unacceptable
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We've been on the msc opera and had nothing but fantastic service
Old 28 Mar 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
No we never in all honesty wish we had as we exploded on disembarkation 😡And I have now sent a email and feedback to them .. we were all given a time and a place to self disembark with our own luggage us and quiet s few Americans were all down early .. it was chaos when we asked a lady who we later found out was a manager . She dismissed us with a flick of her hand . When I complained to another member of staff I was told I was shouting at him 😳 My question was why were we all queuing as we had all holiday for others to just walk in front and be allowed to get off when they were suppose to wait until after us " he told me to calm down Luv 😡.. anyone who knows me knows. Wetter than to call me Luv ! It was like 2 levels of service ... if MSC want to break the American market they need to not have dual standards .. but it was a learning curve ... I won't be using them again and await to see what response I get from my emails .I also gave them feedback on that 1 person on both disembarkation and embarkation at ports for a ship that holds 4000+ and takes at least 30 mins more if you have a day when the pushers in don't want to wait is unacceptable
I hope you are writing some sort of letter about this as this is so unacceptable! I would have gone mad if anyone had called me Luv or claimed I was shouting! That sounds like a complete shambles!
Old 28 Mar 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Oh no! We are going on msc seaside in January and hadnt thought that it would be full if Italians!. Even though I know it is Italian . (Not that there is anything wrong with Italians) . Prefer a more American feel. Knew we should have booked royal Caribbean
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
Oh no! We are going on msc seaside in January and hadnt thought that it would be full if Italians!. Even though I know it is Italian . (Not that there is anything wrong with Italians) . Prefer a more American feel. Knew we should have booked royal Caribbean
Awww. don't worry, lots of reviews of Divina are great, I've been watching 2 sets of American vloggers and they had a great time, so I imagine the same for Seaside
Reviews say that MSC, being an Italian line, are constantly striving to improve on anything the American market don't care for in order to please

I'll come on and let you know how we get on, we sail on Divina this Saturday!

Having said that, to be called Luv or accused of shouting (a sure way to escalate any difficult situation! :angry: ) is NOT acceptable and I would be firing off a strongly worded letter!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I think you definitely should have given them a chance to sort out the meal issues while onboard. That may have improved your cruise ten fold.

People pushing in happens at a lot of places and if the cruise was predominately Italians, you're on a hiding to nothing as they don't ever queue!

I've heard some good reports of MSC too, so I would hope yours was not a standard experience. There are plenty of bad stories coming from every other cruise line too, including RC and P&O.
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I think you definitely should have given them a chance to sort out the meal issues while onboard. That may have improved your cruise ten fold.

People pushing in happens at a lot of places and if the cruise was predominately Italians, you're on a hiding to nothing as they don't ever queue!

I've heard some good reports of MSC too, so I would hope yours was not a standard experience. There are plenty of bad stories coming from every other cruise line too, including RC and P&O.
The meal issue we lived with as there were 6 of us we could have a chat .. But the final straw was the disembarkation that just popped my top .Dont get me wrong the ship is stunning and some crew were fab .. But the getting off is where it all went pop .
I hate been called Luv 😄
When he told me he I was shouting at him ! " my reply was he would have known if I was shouting ! ...he took it personally and like we all said and the 20 or so Americans that were with out crowd ..They are just rude to us and the Brits hopefully it's a one off ... But I don't think it is .. but a cruise is what you make it and we as a group had a great time .
Having never cruised with them before the best senario I can relate it to is Disney in June with the South American school groups .Those going please don't take these as gospel this was what I encountered hopefully yours may be different . go with a positive mind ..Pointy Elbows and a demanding attitude like the others ... That's where we went wrong
Sat Writting this from the tranquility of Anna Maria Island .As much as I loved cruising I think next year I will have an extra week here instead of it