Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

and it was just minutes away from The Grove which is a big shopping centre with a cheesecake factory!

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We have booked a Hilton in Long Beach for this trip. We are paying £133 a night which is the most reasonable price I have found.

Last time we stayed at the Hilton Universal City which was magnificent, but probably not worth the money if you;re not doing Universal.

I know I wouldn't want to stay nr Hollywood Blvd, its not a nice place imo.
Enjoy long beach I'll look forward to reading your trip report :-)

I wanted to stay at the Hilton or Sheraton universal this year but it's over £200 per night .. I thought £179 last year was expensive enough ..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Enjoy long beach I'll look forward to reading your trip report :-)

I wanted to stay at the Hilton or Sheraton universal this year but it's over £200 per night .. I thought £179 last year was expensive enough ..
Yep, it was £220 for our date and we needed 2 rooms! No chance
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone lots of places to look at.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by birdiesX4 View Post
We couldn't find somewhere we liked and was a decent price in LA so have changed our mind and are now staying in Santa Monica. I think we are thinking we only need a day in LA and we will get the train in for ease. A friend has advised this would be a less stressful option and then work out the driving to the other places we want to see.
Originally Posted by meboo View Post
We stayed in Marina del Rey.
This is what we are planning to do in September. Arriving on a Thursday, so Friday by the pool/beach, then the weekend to visit Warner Bros/Hollywood and possibly the bus tour around LA, then another two days enjoying the beach around Santa Monica/Venice Beach/Marina del Ray.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi have a look at airbnb we used this last year on west coast last year for 4 places and very good
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I would agree with recommendations for Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey. We stayed in Manhattan Beach for 3 nights last year - loved it - but Marina Del Rey would have been better - and Cheescake Factory there.
I almost booked an AirBnB apartment in Marina Del Rey - wish I had. That end of the bach better than Venice Beach pier end IMHO.
Also really liked the look of Santa Monica.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We stay at a lovely hotel called The Grafton on Sunset. In the thick of Hollywood blvd we usually pick The Roosevelt.

The Fairmont in Santa Monica is a lovely hotel.

Edited at 01:30 AM.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List