Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Mar 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Beach Balls
Excited about Disney

Mobile Rider Switch

Hi. How exactly does this work?
If my husband and son ride something and i get a rider switch am I allowed to go on with my son again? Son gets to ride twice?
Mrs Beach Balls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Beach Balls View Post
If my husband and son ride something and i get a rider switch am I allowed to go on with my son again? Son gets to ride twice?
I believe it is the opposite. That the son does not ride at all and first one of you waits with him while the other rides then you swap over so the other parent can ride.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
disneyworld.disney.go/gu.../rider-switch/
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Why would you not all go on together?
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Beach Balls
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry. I would be waiting with my daughter who would be too small.
Mrs Beach Balls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry. I would be waiting with my daughter who would be too small.
Well your son doesn't get to ride twice. (Unless he books it / queues up twice). It is about having one of you available to mind your daughter whilst you both ride. I am only familiar with how child swap works at universal though so could be wrong.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Well your son doesn't get to ride twice. (Unless he books it / queues up twice). It is about having one of you available to mind your daughter whilst you both ride. I am only familiar with how child swap works at universal though so could be wrong.
See the following bit in the link to Disney's Rider Switch page:

"If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her."

So...

1. Family gets Rider Switch pass.
2. Father waits with Daughter outside ride whilst Mother and Son queue up for ride in regular queue.
3. Mother and Son exit ride and meet up with Father and Daughter.
4. Mother waits with Daughter outside ride whilst Father and Son enter the fastpass queue using the Rider Switch pass.
5. Father and Son exit ride and meet up with Mother and Daughter.

In the above example, Son rides twice whilst Mother and Father ride once. Daughter does not ride at all because she is not tall enough.

(At step 2, Mother and Son could have used a fastpass each rather than waiting in the regular queue. At step 4 Father and Son don't need another fastpass because they use the Rider Switch pass).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Beach Balls
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

This is coppied from the guide above. So looks like i can go on with my son.
Old 14 Mar 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Beach Balls
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
See the following bit in the link to Disney's Rider Switch page:

"If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her."

So...

1. Family gets Rider Switch pass.
2. Father waits with Daughter outside ride whilst Mother and Son queue up for ride in regular queue.
3. Mother and Son exit ride and meet up with Father and Daughter.
4. Mother waits with Daughter outside ride whilst Father and Son enter the fastpass queue using the Rider Switch pass.
5. Father and Son exit ride and meet up with Mother and Daughter.

In the above example, Son rides twice whilst Mother and Father ride once. Daughter does not ride at all because she is not tall enough.

(At step 2, Mother and Son could have used a fastpass each rather than waiting in the regular queue. At step 4 Father and Son don't need another fastpass because they use the Rider Switch pass).
Brilliant thank you.
Old 14 Mar 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

This is coppied from the guide above. So looks like i can go on with my son.
Great news if its right! I'm hoping to do Everest with my DD whilst Granny waits with DS who will be too short. I thought if Granny then wanted to do it she'd have to do it alone which I don't think she'd want to but if she can go with DD hopefully she'll be happy to try it. None of us have ever been on a rollercoaster of any sort before though! Going to start with barnstormer and 7dmt!

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List