Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Mar 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Helicopter tours to Grand Canyon

I'm wanting to do one of these while we're staying in Las Vegas so any recommendations for companies would be appreciated.

Also is it best to book before going?

What time would be best to visit the Grand Canyon - early morning, mid morning, afternoon or early evening?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
we used Sundance last year and they were fantastic.

We booked using Viator and were picked up by stretch limo from the Carriage House at 6am. Well worth the early morning

Edited at 09:19 PM.
AlexE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We booked a company through virgin concierge.. I think it was maverick. The price was a lot cheaper than their website.

It was amazing, the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen.
Old 14 Mar 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We used papillon. Excellent, picked up in a limo and we did the sunset tour. Amazing views flying back over the strip at night. Highlight of our holiday other than getting married .

We booked before we left and got a discount. We were worried if we didn't book we'd chicken out as we were both terrified! So glad we did it.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We went with Papillon, booked online before we went, quite a few months in advance. Loved it, I've been to Vegas a few times and its the best thing I've done there.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I went with papillon and couldn't fault them at all , we booked in advance and I would advise booking it early in the trip incase it has to be postponed for any reason .

I'm in Vegas now and friends that are out here did the canyon trip with Maverick last week and said they were fab .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone. It looks like there are a few good companies to choose from so hoping to get one booked by the end of the week
Old 15 Mar 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

The big three are Papillion, Maverick and Sundance.

We used Maverick and went from Boulder City airport. We did this because we had a car (there are busses / limo's as well) and Boulder City is near to the Hover Dam which we also wanted to visit at the same time, rather than just fly over it.

You can also go from McCarran which often means you get flown up the Strip, or Henderson airport.

There are then different trips, some just fly over, others land for 20 minutes for you to get a view from ground level.

We booked ours before we went and it worked out cheaper than we could have got it when we were there.

Also, book it so that you can plan around any delays, as sometimes they do get cancelled and re-arranged for the next day. So best to avoid it being on your last day and you missing out for this reason.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another Papillon customer here.
We did an early morning flight into the canyon, had a champagne breakfast in there, then flew back out again
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Papillon. It was an awesome experience. One day again maybe...