Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Mar 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Fast Pass Failure!

Feeling like a complete flop at the moment. Hubby and i have been waiting to book our fast passes and then this last week i've been so ill that i haven't really been thinking straight. I've now just started looking at the fast passes and realised that the one thing that we really needed/wanted to book (Frozen at Epcot) is all booked out for the days that we are going to be there.
We have one free day that isn't open yet (17th March) so looks like we are going to have to go to epcot on that day!

What time (uk time) can you access the fast pass from? Will i have to go in at midnight and see what i can book or is it going to be no good as all the people who could book 60 days in advance will have done so?

Also to take into consideration is that we will hopefully be getting the additional needs card thing as DD has SEN. Or am i getting stressed about nothing and will we be ok because we'll have the AN cards thing (sorry can't remember what it's called!) ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Because the time difference is only 4 hours right now, I believe you need to log in at 11am to get the best chance of fast pass.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

When I had a go at Frozen with only the 30-day off-site window it was fully booked the second it opened - honestly I think the ride is sufficiently popular that all the fastpasses are fully booked by on-site guests. The same thing happened with Rivers of Light and very nearly happened with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I think your best bet may be to just head straight for it when the park opens and queue with everyone else.
Old 16 Mar 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Don't forget you can book an on the day fastpass in the morning, once you are over here. You could choose a day you don't have FPs, and if you get one fr that day, head over to Epcot to do that one ride. If it works, and if you are really keen to do it!

I want to ride Toy Story Mania again when we go to see Fantasmic next week, so am aiming to get up and try for a late afternoon or early evening FP for that day.
Good luck
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Btw, I got 7 Dwarves and Frozen at 30 days booking.

... and Rivers of Light, which we wished we hadn't really as it was so cold that night!

Edited at 02:29 PM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rjdeadams View Post
We have one free day that isn't open yet (17th March) so looks like we are going to have to go to epcot on that day!
By 17th March (tomorrow) do you mean that's when you can book fastpasses for 16th April? I assume you don't mean you're booking fastpasses for tomorrow?

What time (uk time) can you access the fast pass from?
It's 11am UK time (= 7am Florida time).

is it going to be no good as all the people who could book 60 days in advance will have done so?
I think you may struggle but it is possible.

Looking at TouringPlans fastpass availability page, there are a small number of fastpasses still available for Frozen Ever After on the 16th April. However, the fastpass slots are all after 6:20pm.

Also to take into consideration is that we will hopefully be getting the additional needs card thing as DD has SEN. Or am i getting stressed about nothing and will we be ok because we'll have the AN cards thing (sorry can't remember what it's called!) ?
It's called a Disability Access Service card (or DAS). See here for more info.

The DAS card doesn't get you onto the rides any quicker than queuing in the regular queue. However, it does mean that you don't have to stand in the queue for all that time; you can go and do something else until your return time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

If you can do Frozen 5 mins before close you will walk onto it.

We had no interest in Frozen but wanted to give every ride a try. A waitress in a cafe in EPCOT told us to wait until about 5 minutes before Illuminations and we would walk onto Frozen. Sure enough, we got on with absolutely zero wait!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by steviebrucie View Post
If you can do Frozen 5 mins before close you will walk onto it.

We had no interest in Frozen but wanted to give every ride a try. A waitress in a cafe in EPCOT told us to wait until about 5 minutes before Illuminations and we would walk onto Frozen. Sure enough, we got on with absolutely zero wait!
Good tip there as most rides are low queue time when the night shows/parades are on
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List