Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile 21 and First Holiday to West Coast

Hello everybody,

My girlfriend (21) and myself (21) are traveling to the west coast this August after a week in Canada with her aunty and uncle. (Luckily they live out there) we are flying into LA and staying there for 5 nights. Driving up to San Fran for 3 nights. Driving across to Yosemite for 1 night then across to Vegas for 3 nights.

However. We are struggling with hotels in LA. We have not found much for our budget in LA, but we have found a brilliant deal with the Ayres Anaheim hotel in (you guessed it, Anaheim)

We are doing Disney through 2 days but the rest of the 3 days we want to spend at UniversL. Hollywood and Santa Monica. Is it quite practical to stay in Anaheim and drive into LA each day?

Also has anyone stayed at this hotel before?

Sorry for such a long winded thread!

Many thanks in advance!

Disneyrocks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I wouldn't drive between the two for 3 days running. It can take upwards of 90 minutes each way, so that a lot of time lost in just driving.

You could stay slightly north of LA in areas such as Burbank, Panorama City, Van Nuys which are cheaper and 20 minutes from Hollywood / Universal. A bit like Anaheim, they are suburbs so not really much to look at, but will have plenty of places to eat etc.

You mention driving from LA to San Fran, how long to you plan to take, which route and I assume you are stopping over and not trying to do it in one day?
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You are going to waste a lot of time driving between Anaheim and La it's only 35 miles but that can easily take 2 hrs each way . We did it the first time and never again .

I think Abiknox has stayed at that hotel though .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
I
You mention driving from LA to San Fran, how long to you plan to take, which route and I assume you are stopping over and not trying to do it in one day?
Thank you. We have taken your advice and gone looking in eagle rock in a nice motel! Closer than Anaheim to Hollywood/ universal!

We are leaving one whole day for the journey to San Fran. Taking the inland route. We thought about stopping but with the time we have we are leaving early and plowing through, taking turns to drive
Old 21 Mar 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
You are going to waste a lot of time driving between Anaheim and La it's only 35 miles but that can easily take 2 hrs each way . We did it the first time and never again .

I think Abiknox has stayed at that hotel though .

Thank you. We are doing 2 nights Anaheim, the rest in Eeagle Rock! Thank you for the advice
Old 21 Mar 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm currently sat in LA traffic it's really not much fun ;-)

2 weeks ago it took us 2.5 hrs to do 20 miles trying to get out of LA.

Have a good trip
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I'm currently sat in LA traffic it's really not much fun ;-)

2 weeks ago it took us 2.5 hrs to do 20 miles trying to get out of LA.

Have a good trip
Oh my! Hope you're not still stuck in it! Thank you