Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Mar 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thomas83uk
Getting Excited

Mobile Best accommodation for a big family. (9 adults+8 kids)

We're looking at going to Orlando next march/april time. Never been as a whole family before and was looking for suggestions on what would be the best options for accommodation etc. There will be 9 possibly 10 adults and 8 kids ranging from 1 to 10 years old. Any tips n tricks would be appreciated.
Thanks
Thomas
thomas83uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

How many actual families within that? I love my family but couldn't be in the same villa as them for 2/3 weeks. What about a couple of villas close together or 2/3 condos/townhouses on a resort?
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
thomas83uk
Getting Excited

Mobile

We're all brothers and sisters and mum. The plan was to fo for mum and dads 40th anniversary but sadly my dad passed away but mum wants to still go ahead. So itd be mum, 3 families of 3 (2 adults 1 kid) and 1 family of 7 (2 adults 5 kids! eek). We all get on relatively well and would be getting a few vehicles so we're not totally in each others pockets.
thomas83uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Own accommodation and cars, otherwise you're constantly waiting on each other.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thomas83uk View Post
We're all brothers and sisters and mum. The plan was to fo for mum and dads 40th anniversary but sadly my dad passed away but mum wants to still go ahead. So itd be mum, 3 families of 3 (2 adults 1 kid) and 1 family of 7 (2 adults 5 kids! eek). We all get on relatively well and would be getting a few vehicles so we're not totally in each others pockets.
Kids a

Edited at 08:55 PM.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by thomas83uk View Post
Kids and mum in one villa, the rest in another 😉 😂

Sorry to hear about you dad passing but great that you are all going with your mum. x
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
thomas83uk
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks. Ha my mum would be in her element with that. I'll await the 2018 prices then and see what it brings up. Thanks again
Old 23 Mar 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathleen74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds like you will have an amazing time wherever you go. I would price one big villa that you could all stay in and see if its affordable-there are some huge amazing villas with cinema rooms/games rooms/2 living areas etc...
If you all have your own cars and doing own things some days it wont seem as bad. We have stayed as 10 in one house- nice at night when all kids in bed to chill with a drink, play some cards and relax.
Kathleen74 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dmurrayuk
Getting Excited

We went as a group of 9 adults and 6 kids last year, and stayed in a large 9 bed villa on Champions Gate. Plenty of room for all of us, and we loved the location. We had 3 cars between us, although all but 4 of the group did pretty much everything together anyway, and managed to avoid getting on each others nerves for the most part

The kids loved all being in the same villa together, as they always had someone to play with, other than their own 'annoying' siblings!
dmurrayuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If the kids aren't too diverse in age I'd go for one big villa , if it's some with older teens and others with babies possibly not. How they interact together at family events in general would probably be a good indicator.

One big villa can be enormous fun or a nightmare , it depends on the personalities.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List