Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Mar 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Universal hotel when to book?

Hi.
We have a villa booked in Aug for 2 weeks but are looking at 1 night in a universal hotel to get front of the line tickets, and an hour early entry. I know the dates for early entry aren't released for quite some time, would at least 1 of the parks be open early on both days? If I waited for park opening times would I risk the hotels all booking up? I'm not to fussed on which hotel, preferably the cheapest as have only just factored into budget.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Personally, I'd go for the cheapest of the 3 - HRH, RPR or PFB. Unless you have a very specific reason for wanting early entry, then your FOLP for both days will ensure you're not going to spend any extra time queuing.

I'm guessing August will be very busy at the hotels... and more and more people are 'clicking on to ' the FOLP benefit. So, the chances of the rooms booking up will presumably increase.

Have you checked the prices at the 3 hotels on the dates you're considering? That would be the deciding factor to me. Looking at the RPR on 15th August for 1 night ( and again on the 23rd ) it's $269 per room... that's a good price!

Obviously, you can wait until the early park hours come out, as no doubt will many others, before booking. Only you can balance up the possible risks . I know which I'd opt for though
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we've booked already and wont look again

as above a lot of people use FOLP some dont even check into the hotel just get the passes for their party so sonner the better imo

BA had best prices for our dates at HRH
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

We booked RPR through Expedia for 1 night but take a look on Travelbag as they have cheaper offers on there for same hotel x
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiejames
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
We booked RPR through Expedia for 1 night but take a look on Travelbag as they have cheaper offers on there for same hotel x
Do you happen to know if the price on Travelbag includes taxes or if they will still need paid on top?
sophiejames is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sophiejames View Post
Do you happen to know if the price on Travelbag includes taxes or if they will still need paid on top?
Ive just booked and it includes taxes.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I booked RPR in January 2016 for this May 2017. Really early but got 2 nights for £309 which is amazing with a £1 deposit.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
we've booked already and wont look again

as above a lot of people use FOLP some dont even check into the hotel just get the passes for their party so sonner the better imo

BA had best prices for our dates at HRH
That's us! 5 of us going, Me, my better half , son, daughter and grand-daughter.

Only the girls are staying in the hotel - although we booked for 5 people so that we all get FOLP.

We were in two minds about staying anyway, but given that ladies take * ahem * slightly more time to get ready in the morning they're staying over at RPR ad my son and I will stay at the villa then head over for them at 8'ish for breakfast then over to US and IOA.
Old 22 Apr 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I booked RPR in January 2016 for this May 2017. Really early but got 2 nights for £309 which is amazing with a £1 deposit.
who did you book this with please?
PrincessMummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PrincessMummy View Post
who did you book this with please?
I'm guessing Travel Republic with the £1 deposit?