Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Mar 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Best Value Resort

Need your help Dibbers!

Last minute planning for 2017 and wondered what the best value resort was.

Art of Animation looks decent but any help would be great.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ronniesmom
Excited about Disney

Can't comment on all stars but stayed at AOA last Sep and it was pretty good. Nice pool, good food court, great theming, lots going on as far as activities round the pool and had characters in the lobby. We had a free upgrade to a cars suite as they were fully booked in little mermaid area, which was nice. Downsides... i felt the room itself and the corridors etc... needed a lick of paint and a deep clean of the carpets. If I had paid the price for a suite can't say I would've been happy. Splash play area was broken and out of use on arrival, then partly fixed the next day. Some parts were completely removed so guessing it was quite a big problem, this wasn't mentioned on arrival, which I felt it should have been, just out of courtesy. We had a day where come pm it rained and then didn't stop... this mean the mats etc...were soaked through at doors etc... next day (not particularly early) nothing cleaned up, mats/ carpets still soaked, floors in walkways dirty and mats not replaced. Drinks dispenser at pool bar also broke although not such a bad thing as anyone could get a drink as the chip reader didn't work so no refill cup required.

I guess I could. Be being picky and it was a nice resort but just felt it needed a bit of additional tlc...
Ronniesmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

I have stayed at pop and AOA,but for next trip i booked all stars,had it fully paid when disney announced they were doing refurb on CBR,wasnt happy as all stars was then working out more expensive
so i cancelled All stars ,booked CBR,cost me extra 379euro,but when i arrive they will give me a gift card with $525 on it ,so thats my disney spends sorted
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I can't comment on any of the other value resorts as I have not stayed there but I stayed at AoA in May 2014. We got a great price for it as it had not yet opened at the time we booked.

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I loved the theme of the resort, it had a real wow factor. Little Mermaid, Lion King and Cars are some films that I absolutely love! I wandered round the resort several times just to see all the details. The reception area is awesome too with loads of character sketches all over.

The food court was another huge plus for us. So much choice, and loads of space to sit and eat

I would definitely stay again. Since I went the grading has been upgraded from a Value to a Value Plus and the price has gone up substantially so it was actually cheaper for me to stay at POFQ with upgraded DDP which is what I did last year.
The other value resorts seem to be quite a lot cheaper so might be worth considering. I have heard good things about the All-Stars and Pop
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have stayed in All Star Music and AS Movies as well as Pop. Didn't like Pop but the other 2 were nice. Would stay at either again (although we have since stayed at POFQ and that has spoiled us!).

Can't work out why Pop always seems more expensive than AS resorts. To me it was the same but, somehow, worse. Can't explain it, just didn't like it as much as the 2 AS resorts.
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

AOA does look fab, the theming, the pools and the rooms look good too

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We love all stars if its just us two but prefer the moderate por if we have the kids to as a little more room double sinks etc
All stars is basic but clean and comfortable
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've stayed 3 times now at AoA and its fab, we love and so do the kids. We have always stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and have been pleased with them, however, now our kids are getting older (bigger) these rooms could be a squeeze. For a week they are fine as we only unpack the suitcase that has stuff we need for that particular week, not sure how we would go on if we were there longer. We've never stayed in the suites though I have heard good things about them.

As others have said, the pool areas, the food court and the activities are all really really good. I would book here again though if you are looking at cost then it is the most expensive of the Value resorts, probably due to the newness of it. Happy choosing, its half of the fun
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We've stayed at all star sports and movies, really enjoyed both times. For theme movies was probably our favourite but both are great.

We are 4 in a room and didn't find the size felt too much smaller than a moderate, we use the room to sleep and shower only so it isn't an issue for us. Would definitely stay at either again.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List