Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 14, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
IronGate
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the warning!
I'm with Hertz :/
IronGate is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Obviously you now have the money back but for anyone else if it is put on a credit card then raise a dispute with them as unauthorised. Not want you want to do on holiday I grant you.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IronGate View Post
Thanks for the warning!
I'm with Hertz :/
You might be lucky and have a smooth expereince with Hertz. Just make sure you check your receipt BEFORE you leave the carpark so this doesn't happen to you
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
You might be lucky and have a smooth expereince with Hertz. Just make sure you check your receipt BEFORE you leave the carpark so this doesn't happen to you
Is it possible for someone to upload a picture of what a Hertz receipt looks like showing where the charges we're put on?
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cityblueboy View Post
I will never use hertz again even if they are cheapest.
You can get big problems with all of them. There are bad stories on here on just about every car rental company there is. You can just be unlucky.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida4
Imagineer

Florida4's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Glad you got it sorted I'd have been :angry: too
Florida4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We hired from Hertz last year we didn't get any pushy sales tactics as after spending over 1hr in the queue the girl who served us could see we were NOT happy... But after turning down all upgrades she had still added roadside assistance to our receipt thankfully we had been forewarned of this and asked to gave it removed, she did say "what are you going to do if you get a flat tyre" to which my DH replied "change it!"..
Going with alamo this year hoping save time works at fortlauderdale.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
Had the exact same thing happen to me. We were given the paperwork as we drove out, hubby passed it to me and I saw we were charged €6.95 per day for insurance. I rang Hertz in Orlando airport and left a voicemail and they never rang back. The following day I emailed Gold customer service and they never replied. When I was returning the car, I went to customer service and got nowhere even though I spoke to a Manager. I rang Gold Customer Service when I got home and explained what happened and they immediately refunded as I had proof (the email I sent).
I had exactly this too :angry:
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Monty moo View Post
We hired from Hertz last year we didn't get any pushy sales tactics as after spending over 1hr in the queue the girl who served us could see we were NOT happy... But after turning down all upgrades she had still added roadside assistance to our receipt thankfully we had been forewarned of this and asked to gave it removed, she did say "what are you going to do if you get a flat tyre" to which my DH replied "change it!"..
Going with alamo this year hoping save time works at fortlauderdale.
All the SAVE TIME locations are listed in the thread I made (sticky) via a link.
Ft Lauderdale is on the list ;-)
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 14, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes this was a lesson well learnt and a warning to others to be more vigilant. The sales team were dire and I am glad I printed off all uk paperwork to show what I had paid for and what I had declined. They did try and fob me off saying that once charges were added they could not be removed. I ended up handing the car back in and re hiring the car and back dating it on a new hire agreement. I was not given any receipt until I was in the car at the exit barrier being ushered away as a queue was building behind me. Bad tactics and when I rang hertz USA they were also unhelpful stating that it was a contract and I must have signed it so it was binding. I signed nothing and was just handed a pre printed for page receipt with the charges on at the end. Will use another hire company in future as they need business to keep running and they won't be getting mine in future.
johnny1352 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread