Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 14, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
‘Frozen’ Attraction Coming to Epcot

inline imageDisney has officially announced via the Disneyparks blog that they are starting construction at Walt Disney World Resort on a brand new “Frozen” attraction at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot.

The new attraction, which replaces Maelstrom, will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film.

The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location where Anna and Elsa can meet our guests. We think these “Frozen” elements are great compliments to the Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country and region that inspired the film.

“Frozen’s” popular characters will also have a bigger presence at Magic Kingdom Park this holiday season. In addition to the ongoing character appearances, Queen Elsa will use her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace every night starting in early November. And Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party-goers can see Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”

Disney are also extending some favorite elements of Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!, too, so that guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can continue singing along to “Frozen” songs with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Wandering Oaken’s will set up shop closer to the show through the holiday season and will feature a larger play area with real snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epcotfrozen.jpg
Views:	81413
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	57304  
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

This will be great, we did Maelstrom yesterday and it desperately needs a bit of magic
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
When is this going to be ready by?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

What was wrong with the Fairy Godmother transforming Cinderella castle each evening? What on earth has Frozen got to do with Cinderella? This mania for Frozen is getting to be way too much.

As for the Norway ride- fair enough. It does need an update.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
danisadl
Serious Dibber

I can picture the queue already
August 2015- OKW, Florida Keys and HRH
August 2018- OKW, Florida Keys and HRH
danisadl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
What was wrong with the Fairy Godmother transforming Cinderella castle each evening? What on earth has Frozen got to do with Cinderella? This mania for Frozen is getting to be way too much.

As for the Norway ride- fair enough. It does need an update.
I love the film Geoff, second only to The Lion King in my eyes but I have to agree this is getting silly. Can we not have some more Tangled stuff for example? Its a great film and all we have is a toilet.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
More Frozen stuff, don't think it would matter where the film was based on it needs milked to the nth degree! All those families that don't have girls can go meet...

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
danisadl
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I love the film Geoff, second only to The Lion King in my eyes but I have to agree this is getting silly. Can we not have some more Tangled stuff for example? Its a great film and all we have is a toilet.
I agree- I love Tangled and they could do something great with that theme
August 2015- OKW, Florida Keys and HRH
August 2018- OKW, Florida Keys and HRH
danisadl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Oh god no

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The latest update is that Maelstom will close on October 6th, so get your last rides in ladies and gents! I am so glad that we made that little walk on our last day to go on this (and get a school bread!)... Didn't know that it would be our last ride ever though :-(

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List