Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 14, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jono74656
Excited about Disney

jono74656's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Has there been any official word on when Maelstrom is going to close for the refurbishment? I know they're targeting an early 2016 opening of the revamped Frozen attraction, but I'm anxious to know if I'm going to be able to get one more ride on the old favourite.
jono74656 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
5th October is the last day you can FP+ it. After that it simply doesn't exist on their system.

So that tells us all that it will be closed on from the 6th October onwards.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jono74656
Excited about Disney

jono74656's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That's gutting. Haven't been able to get to the World in years, alas poor Maelstrom I'll miss you so.
jono74656 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WalesAndy
Excited about Disney

Hearing about all these closures without having the ability to ride them one more time before they go is sad! I loved Maelstrom.
WalesAndy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 14, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
- the world showcase is different - its not your typical theme park area, instead its rich in culture and creates a unique atmosphere with its architecture, acts, restaurants and bars that you can't really find anywhere else.

Its funny how people see the World showcase, some see it like you, some see it as a massive gift shop and a few bars to extract more money from the guest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 14, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
blakes999
Trying for More Ears

I'm really disappointed by this. Maelstorm is always a must do whenever I visit Epcot. Just happy I got to ride it for that last time last November.
blakes999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 14, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Its funny how people see the World showcase, some see it like you, some see it as a massive gift shop and a few bars to extract more money from the guest
That's because some people have little or no imagination

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 14, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Epcot isn't my favourite park. I'm not into all the dining and shopping experiences - love Soarin' and love wandering on a warm evening. The flower and garden festival (can't remember it's name) is fantastic.. It amazes me what you can do with a bush!

It's a beautiful place to meet the Princess' -don't really enjoy the food versus cost at Akershus but usually go back for the girls.

I think Frozen is a lovely film and fitting with Norway. I think that Disney need to give other guests a reason to visit the park to encourage them to experience the culture. It's not for everyone and our next trip will involve nipping in in the evenings from our hotel rather than a full day! Each to their own.. Not sure why everyone gets quite so 'overwhelmed' and stressed about change. Change keeps it fresh and gives you something new to look forward to.. Don't know about you but my first trip was the most 'magical' one and that is the one we still reflect on, along with the new things we've seen.

On the subject of characters for boys ' dining with Jake & the Neverland pirates' -'little Einsteen's', Mickey, Donald, Goofey, Pluto, and meet and greets.. - Phineas and Ferb, buzz Light Year, Aladdin, Russell, King Louie, Baloo, Dug, Pooh bear and friends', Stitch, Chip'n'dale. Bug from 'A bugs life', to name but a few , plus all the Disney ones deemed for the girls.. My girls collect every autograph from every character. the Beast didn't sign the book but the had a pic. Disney is all about the submersion into Fantasy . Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be!
Old 14 Sep 14, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Opulent73
Not sure why everyone gets quite so 'overwhelmed' and stressed about change. Change keeps it fresh and gives you something new to look forward to..
I agree that change is good. This is the wrong change. To my mind, it's the equivalent of Disney announcing a brand new WS pavilion will be built...in Fantasyland. It doesn't make sense for that park. Fantasy does not work at WS.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 14, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456789
Earning My Ears

This is terrible news I'm so glad it's open for the first week of my upcoming trip shall be riding as many times as I can during that time!
Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Dec 2009- DLP, Aug 2010-POFQ, July 2011- DLP, August 2012-OKW, September 2014- POFQ, August 2017 OKW, August 2023 - POFQ
Jeff456789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List