Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
As discussed on previous forum topics, when is the right time to do repairs and refurbishments? The parks are busy all year round, I guess they're thinking they want it done for Halloween and Christmas. I think we've all had to experience things that aren't finished or are being repaired over the years. I know I have. We just have to think about all the other amazing things that are there for us to see. I agree with axxxl, it has to be done. I know Celebrate the Magic is amazing and it will be missed unfortunately by some of us, but we just have to appreciate the rest.
I don't think the timing is right when there are so many things either delayed, under construction already, things closed. August is high season for a reason, it's generally the most expensive time of the year to book for so people want to get their money's worth. As you say there are loads of other things great to see, we all know that, however I think with the nighttime shows especially at Animal Kingdom being delayed or on the Jungle Book case getting bad press, I think they could have waited for Rivers of Light to at least be up and running.

It just doesn't come across as great planning. They could have slipped this announcement in under one announcing the re-launch date for ROL and no-one would be fussed I think. Now its just a bit like "well ROL is delayed indefinitely and now we're going to refurb CTM also". Poor planning IMO.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida2009
slightly serious Dibber

Don't think we've been as unlucky as we are this year, definitely going to miss btmr, it's a small world, celebrate the magic, as well as all the other closures. At least it's made some of my family happy that I can't drag them onto its a small world.
Florida2009 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by xcited1sttimer View Post
I don't think the timing is right when there are so many things either delayed, under construction already, things closed. August is high season for a reason, it's generally the most expensive time of the year to book for so people want to get their money's worth. As you say there are loads of other things great to see, we all know that, however I think with the nighttime shows especially at Animal Kingdom being delayed or on the Jungle Book case getting bad press, I think they could have waited for Rivers of Light to at least be up and running.

It just doesn't come across as great planning. They could have slipped this announcement in under one announcing the re-launch date for ROL and no-one would be fussed I think. Now its just a bit like "well ROL is delayed indefinitely and now we're going to refurb CTM also". Poor planning IMO.
I really agree with this.

I completely understand that work does need to be done and that there is never a 'good' time to do work as it is a 365 days a year resort. However I do feel they are doing so much all at once across several of their parks and resorts which is having an impact on people and their holidays.

Ride closures/refurbs, area closures, building works, resort refurbs, shows/fireworks being updated, monorail on a reduced service, Disney Springs still unfinished. It all mounts up. Even silly little things such as the outside of Haunted Mansion being re-done and thus not being able to see it properly from outside add to the 'disappointment' people are feeling.

To say it will 'ruin' our holiday is untrue. It is disappointing that we can't ride BTM or Small World or Dinosaur or walk Streets of America or eat at Pizza Planet or eat at Planet Hollywood or miss out on seeing the Star Wars fireworks or Fantasmic as they're both on at the same time or possibly have to figure out when we can and can't catch the monorail and sort routes around this... but it won't 'ruin' our holiday as we will have to work around it all, making the planning part more crucial.

And yes, I totally agree there are the new 'Star Wars' fireworks and have heard these are amazing but you cannot see 'Fantasmic' and 'Star wars' at the same time! And I'm wondering if Fantasmic will be next for the chop and so want to see that 'just incase'! We stay offsite so don't have the upgrades to resorts to contend with but I can understand how this can be really frustrating for those staying onsite, to hear (somewhat late in the day) of yet another 'refurb' and 'closure' for a period of time when they're out there

When it is all done and completed (with Avatar eventually opened and Star Wars and Toy Story Land ready and all the night time shows etc) it'll be absolutely amazing but this amount of stuff all going on at the same time is madness.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not saying that I know different to anyone else. I do know that I've been going to WDW for many, many years. I started when my 2 were 11 and under, they're now in their 30's and there have been many disappointments on different trips when all manner of rides and attractions have been closed whilst we were there. I daresay the Celebrate the Magic refurb is more down to changing the animation to include newer films such as Zootopia, as much as it is to upgrade the equipment. Not good for some I know, but it has to be done - and there is never a good time to do it. Autumn/Winter visitors deserve as much consideration as Summer visitors, so I doubt they will agree it's madness.
Old 29 Jul 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I think it could be a new projector show and to put it all together may take 25 days as I guess the park open to midnight most nights and then you got EMH so gives them a limited window to put a new projector show together without guests around.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm not saying that I know different to anyone else. I do know that I've been going to WDW for many, many years. I started when my 2 were 11 and under, they're now in their 30's and there have been many disappointments on different trips when all manner of rides and attractions have been closed whilst we were there. I daresay the Celebrate the Magic refurb is more down to changing the animation to include newer films such as Zootopia, as much as it is to upgrade the equipment. Not good for some I know, but it has to be done - and there is never a good time to do it. Autumn/Winter visitors deserve as much consideration as Summer visitors, so I doubt they will agree it's madness.
Yep, it's the uk travel agents that whack the prices up not Florida. It's an all year round resort. I'm sure people who go at Christmas don't find it cheaper than August. I'm sure many people were disappointed when constructing the hub, animal kingdom , half of HS disappearing in a matter of a month. The whole idea of clashes are to make you go back to that park instead of going somewhere else. I've still not seen AK without boards up and we first went 2013 . While there you are spending money.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Soarintodisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
I think we should all email disney and complain. Like another poster said they could have done it once river of light had started.
We really want to see the Star Wars fireworks but they clash with fantasmic and we have booked fantasmic dining package
This I agree with, if I'm sat watching Fantasmic and I can hear the bloody star wars fireworks in the background ill be fuming- Bad move by Disney really is.

We aren't going to Magic Kingdom this year but id be gutted if we were now.
Soarintodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

They are scheduled like they are to spread the crowds out and help with capacity at each one and avoid overcrowding at the fireworks. The scheduling at Disneyland in CA is similar with fantastic and their firework show. Also to encourage people to make a second trip to the park. We will see one show on our full day at the park and will shedule and evening trip on a different day to see the other show.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One thing's for sure, you won't hear anything coming from Fantasmic when Star Wars Celebration is on. Seen Fantasmic a few times and it's a nice show, but, the Star Wars show is stunning and not to be missed. Also, how can it be a bad move by Disney when both shows are packed out every night? It's unfortunate if you're able to go on one night only, I can see that. I saw Fantasmic again last October, so this time it was Star Wars, it only lasts 14 minutes, but it's an unforgettable 14 minutes.
Old 30 Jul 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Also, how can it be a bad move by Disney when both shows are packed out every night? It's unfortunate if you're able to go on one night only, I can see that.
The clashing schedule hasn't started yet, the schedule is currently Fantasmic at 9, Star wars fireworks at 9.30 (Always half hour apart) which allows at least some of the star wars fireworks to be seen by those in Fantasmic.

The schedule changes 22nd August to quarter hour apart 8.30 Fanatasmic, 8.45 star wars fireworks meaning both shows running at the same time. (And both finish at the same time)

This is also coming into quieter season, so while both shows will have been packed in high season (when you could view both), this may not be the case as it becomes less busy)
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread