Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by laura0104 View Post
I was soooo looking forward to this and it's not in for the entire three weeks of our hols =( =( so sad now. First I have to put up with the rubbish (compared to Spectromagic) Electrical parade and now this... Oh well still have a fabulous holiday to look forward to, just a little disappointing x
Er, without the Main Street Electrical Parade there would have been no Spectromagic. It is the grand daddy of all Disney night time parades and has recently had LED upgrades. When Magic Kingdom get the new technology of the "Paint the Night" parade that currently plays at Disneyland CA it will be thanks to the history and technology that grew out of the Electrical Parade. So, please don't dismiss it as rubbish. It is a classic part of Disney history. (No offence intended.)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Absolutely, totally agree Geoffa, and I am actually one that likes to preserve as much of the "old time" aspects of the parks as is possible.
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
The clashing schedule hasn't started yet, the schedule is currently Fantasmic at 9, Star wars fireworks at 9.30 (Always half hour apart) which allows at least some of the star wars fireworks to be seen by those in Fantasmic.

The schedule changes 22nd August to quarter hour apart 8.30 Fanatasmic, 8.45 star wars fireworks meaning both shows running at the same time. (And both finish at the same time)

This is also coming into quieter season, so while both shows will have been packed in high season (when you could view both), this may not be the case as it becomes less busy)
By the time we get up to leave Fantasmic and get caught up in the crowds to get down to watch Star Wars I think it would be mostly over. Plus we wouldn't get a good viewing area list,I like to arrive at least an hour before so the kids get a good view.
Old 31 Jul 16, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by xcited1sttimer View Post
I had this reply from Disney:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

At this time, Celebrate the Magic is scheduled to continue throughout the month of August.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Have a Magical Day!

It was however from someone in eCommerce sales and service team so I'm not sure how accurate this is!
That's definitely wrong, if you go to the Official Disney World page
disneyworld.disney.go/en...ate-the-magic/

And select any day between 5th Aug and 30th Aug it says no times found.

Guess no one told the sales team,
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
but, the Star Wars show is stunning and not to be missed.
I must have been going around in blinkers, I have never seen this. Is it on in September? If it is I will definitely make sure I see it.

Edited at 02:01 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Soarintodisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
One thing's for sure, you won't hear anything coming from Fantasmic when Star Wars Celebration is on. Seen Fantasmic a few times and it's a nice show, but, the Star Wars show is stunning and not to be missed. Also, how can it be a bad move by Disney when both shows are packed out every night? It's unfortunate if you're able to go on one night only, I can see that. I saw Fantasmic again last October, so this time it was Star Wars, it only lasts 14 minutes, but it's an unforgettable 14 minutes.
Thats what I mean by a bad move, to have them both on at the same time so you won't be able to hear fantasmic... just seems a bit silly to me.
Not disputing that both shows shouldn't be on, both worth it for sure as you say always packed.
Soarintodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
They're far enough away from each other so that they won't affect the enjoyment, my son said he could hear Fantasmic when Star Wars was on. Fantasmic's pretty loud too.
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

They shut stuff on rotation so you miss things
You then book again so you get to see what you missed
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

Mostly we can wiggle around and see things before the August closures or after they open but what's really irritated me is Islands of Adventure closing at 7pm before the end of August and when we're staying at Portofino Bay. I love parks after dark.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaFi View Post
Mostly we can wiggle around and see things before the August closures or after they open but what's really irritated me is Islands of Adventure closing at 7pm before the end of August and when we're staying at Portofino Bay. I love parks after dark.
We were hoping that Universal and IOA would increase their opening hours as Disney announced ther increased opening hours... So far they're still closing earlier 😔 Oh well, we'll finish at Universal at 7 then mooch over to Disney! 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread