Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 16, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Universal - do I really need photo ID?

I got the tickets in the post and I'm staying at the Hard Rock for a night. Do I really need to take our 4 passports to the parks to get in? Also do you think I will need all 4 to check us in to the Hotel?
Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Craigybaby
Earning More Ears

We didn't need passports to check in at hotel, and you won't need passports at Universal.

When you get your Universal Express pass from the hotel this will have your photo on anyway.
Craigybaby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dogmanpaul
Excited about Disney

No. We stayed at Royal Pacific and didn't need passports just prof of booking. Fast passes are printed at hotel your photo is on it for what it's worth, they are so dark you can't see anything
dogmanpaul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Soarintodisney
Excited about Disney

You wont need id over at the park, they do say it and I have been asked once before but as a child and the woman found herself getting a ear bashing from my dad and a complaint made at guest relations. And as we were told there they simple are not allowed to ask children, they also said they are meant to ask for the signature first before the id, and only if your finger print doesn't work. So I really wouldnt worry or both with it. There really won't ask.

However they won't accept your express pass with your picture on as ID, as I tried when trying to get my ticket re printed at the ticket booth last year
Soarintodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
In answer to the check in one, yes as the EP has your pic on it so you all need to be there to get it taken & printed at the Hotel.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We used our tickets with no id this year and then one day my fingerprint wasn't recognised by the machine. After several attempts I was taken to one side and asked for photo id so that I could be allowed into the park, luckily I had my driving licence on me, I don't know what would have happened if it had have been anyone else in my family as I was the only one with id on me.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I didn't need photo ID when I checked in to Royal Pacific or going to the park last week.
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

This was the response from Universal when I asked them the same question;

"Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort™ Guest Services.

Please be assured that clear photocopies of your valid passport will be accepted as identification for ticketing purposes at our turnstiles; however, for credit card transactions, for the purchase of alcoholic beverages, and for admission into our nightclubs, you will need your original valid photo identification.

Also, please be advised that Florida state law requires persons over eighteen (18) years of age to carry valid, government-issued photo identification at all times."
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread