Excited about Disney

Daisy-Mai's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Ljarvis View Post
Hiya, Did you ride the mine train?

Your post has put my mind at rest... so thank you xx
Hi
I did the mine train and I'm probably similar to Vicky. It was fine great fun.
Old 3 Mar 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

When i booked last September i spent a lot of time reading these threads and fretting id not fit on some stuff. I probably would just about have gotten on everything (I was 5'11" 257lb), so made a point to lose as much as I could before i go (tomorrow! )

Im now 193lb and still a little worried cause I carry the excess mostly on my chest, but should be fine. Will report back in 2 weeks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'm sure you will be fine, have a lovely time, and report back
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steviebrucie View Post
When i booked last September i spent a lot of time reading these threads and fretting id not fit on some stuff. I probably would just about have gotten on everything (I was 5'11" 257lb), so made a point to lose as much as I could before i go (tomorrow! )

Im now 193lb and still a little worried cause I carry the excess mostly on my chest, but should be fine. Will report back in 2 weeks!
You will be absolutely fine!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steviebrucie View Post

That is some impressive weight loss there - that is what my goal is although my starting point is slightly higher! Will be interesting to read how it went

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks! I just cut out a lot of crap and upped my exercise. It can be done! Prob put half of it back on the last 10 days tho ughhhh

FYI i rode every single ride in every Disney and Universal park multiple times with no problems, didnt need modified seating didnt try any test seats
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Clazzamol
I want to go now!

Hi
This thread has been really useful for me but I am now panicking about my brother being able to do the rides at sea world. We go in June and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a 6' man with a 48" waist/46" chest being able to do anything at sea World? Or Busch for that matter? He is built pretty solidly but carries a lot of it around his middle.

Any advice or thoughts would be most welcome! TIA x
Clazzamol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
metal0121
Trading Disney Pins

Hello All!

I have doubts about some of the rides, I am 6'2", 50-52" chest and 44" waist and really hold a lot of weight more or less in the middle (like a pear!). I still have some months to go and trying to lose a bit of weight in the lead up to going away but having read posts from this thread and was wondering if anyone had advice on what rides I would probably struggle with (I believe Gringotts at Universal). We are going to the Universal parks, Disney parks and Busch Gardens if anyone wants to comment!
metal0121 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by metal0121 View Post
Hello All!

I have doubts about some of the rides, I am 6'2", 50-52" chest and 44" waist and really hold a lot of weight more or less in the middle (like a pear!). I still have some months to go and trying to lose a bit of weight in the lead up to going away but having read posts from this thread and was wondering if anyone had advice on what rides I would probably struggle with (I believe Gringotts at Universal). We are going to the Universal parks, Disney parks and Busch Gardens if anyone wants to comment!
I was a similar build to you in 2014 when we went. We did all the big rides in WDW, universal and Seaworld. The only ONE ride that was more embarrassing that a problem was Rip Ride Rocket. The guy couldn't get the harness to lock in, so I had to do the walk of shame to the 'special seats' further back. That ride was rubbish anyway LOL

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
metal0121
Trading Disney Pins

Yeah, I can usually "laugh it off" or similar if it ever happens but inside I would be dying. I have no problems of telling staff that I would probably need the "special" seats but from what I have read on here they can be quite discreet about it
metal0121 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List