Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 3 Jun 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
orangeone123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Is it bad that we’ve had to buy another suitcase, after convincing ourself’s that we only needed to fetch 3 - that were all around 15kg - as we really weren’t going to buy anything 😊
orangeone123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We got back Saturday and am missing it already. So so hot and I can’t believe we didn’t see a single drop of rain the whole time.
I bought two Michael Kors bags, a kate spade one, a kate spade purse and the Mickey snack purse by loungefly.
The best purchase of the trip was my Mickey snack tea towels though, made my family traipse the whole resort to find them after spying them once in Epcot and deciding i would get them later - could I find them anywhere? !
Finally got my hands on the last set in animal kingdom...
DD bought the kids tie dye spirit jersey as well which was a good one to get her hands on.
I was amazed at the increase in dogs - kept awake two nights by barking near our room which was annoying, but also saw a woman try to bring her dog in a handbag onto thunder mountain! Needless to say a cast member saw to that pretty quickly.
Enjoyed POR again but think we need to try a deluxe next time to have an alternative to the buses, they were more crowded than ever this year. I’ve been in May three times now and it’s got busier each time.
Need to start the next planning process now!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
We got back Saturday and am missing it already. So so hot and I can’t believe we didn’t see a single drop of rain the whole time.
I bought two Michael Kors bags, a kate spade one, a kate spade purse and the Mickey snack purse by loungefly.
The best purchase of the trip was my Mickey snack tea towels though, made my family traipse the whole resort to find them after spying them once in Epcot and deciding i would get them later - could I find them anywhere? !
DD bought the kids tie dye spirit jersey as well which was a good one to get her hands on.
I was amazed at the increase in dogs - kept awake two nights by barking near our room which was annoying, but also saw a woman try to bring her dog in a handbag onto thunder mountain! Needless to say a cast member saw to that pretty quickly.
Enjoyed POR again but think we need to try a deluxe next time to have an alternative to the buses, they were more crowded than ever this year. I’ve been in May three times now and it’s got busier each time.
I couldn’t believe the number of ‘so called’ service dogs around the parks. The poor little things were really suffering in the heat. Why would you take a furry dog to a bloody theme park in 38 degree heat, crazy!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
DD1 was only 4 on our last trip and this time was 13. So she doesn't remember the epic thunderstorms. DH and I kept telling both kids about them and how amazing they are...

Annnnnnnd it didn't rain for the 18 days we were there
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
orangeone123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/76404/dbb7adee03de5a.jpg[/APP

For those of you who missed the rain, we are currently in Hollywood Studios and it looks like the rain is in for the night 😕
orangeone123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
alexf86
Getting Excited

Mobile

We got caught tonight at universal epic downpour shutting all outdoor rides which was disappointing but hey ho... last full day tomorrow before the long day to hometime.
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Harry2012
A Guest at All-Stars

We have been back nearly a week now and I have a serious case of Disney blues. Also still really struggling with jet lag if anyone has any good tips.
Overall it was a great holiday one of my highs was seeing both kids at BBB I was surprised how much my son enjoyed it too and the photos taken in castle couture afterwards are amazing. We didn't see a drop of rain the whole time we were there and although we struggled at times with the heat I think it made us take everything at a more enjoyable pace. My only real low was an issue with dinning reservations, whenever we amended one it resulted on a $40 charge (all done more than 24hrs before) which meant multiple to the front desk. Luckily for my bank balance I didn't venture into Uniqlo until our last day just before heading to the airport, they had some lovely stuff at good prices.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Harry2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List