Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 23 Oct 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Girlfriends first time, I'm returning after 27 years

After a couple of years of deliberating and many MANY hours of TimTracker, DFBGuide, Dis Unplugged et al I finally took the plunge and booked two weeks in November 2019.

I was lucky enough to go in the late 80's and early 90's and have fond memories of River Country, the opening of MGM Studios (as it was back then) the opening of Typhoon Lagoon, the opening of Disney Village and Pleasure Island not forgetting the EPCOT classics such as Horizons and World of Motion.

If memory serves me correctly I've previously stopped at Port Orleans Resort Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort and a few times at Best Western Lake Buena Vista which I believe was marketed as a "Disney Village Resort" at the time but I may have that wrong.

For next years visit we decided to stop at Coronado Springs, primarily due to a mixture of availability, cost, location and dining plan promotion.

I know a lot has changed in the last 27 years but I can't wait to go back and I can't wait to see my girlfriends face light up as she experiences it all for the first time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Welcome to the Dibb!
So exciting planning a first timers trip.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Claire.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Welcome to the Dibb, I'm also a fan of the dis unplugged and I've stayed at both POR and CSR.

Our first trip was at POR and it was wonderful, but by the time we went to plan our next trip it was £500pp more, so we looked into CSR and found it was no different and even had a few more perks to it as its aimed for business due to it being a convention centre. (which I've never experienced any major disruption when a convention is on, you'll hardly notice)

We're booked for our 4th trip next year (our 3rd time at CSR) we can't wait to get back and check out the new tower and restaurants.

If you should have any questions about CSR, feel free to drop me a DM

Edited at 10:16 AM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Welcome to the Dibb

If you have seen Tim Trackers recent review of CSR and how the new tower, walkways and restaurant on the lake are taking shape, you can see that you will be in for a real treat.

Happy planning

Disney332