Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Jan 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

first timer!

Hi all! This is the first time I'm posting one of these so I hope I'm doing it right!

Me and my new hubby are off to Orlando for 2 weeks (30th March - 12th April) for our honeymoon and now that I'm a couple hours away from being able to say "we go to florida this year" my excitement is really starting to build!

I've been to florida before (7 times! but haven't been since 2011) and my hubby has never been, we've been waiting 3 years for this so its a big holiday for us!

I have a general plan, nothing fussy. We aren't planning on doing any table service meals in the parks (maybe a couple at disney springs) and we're staying off site (Radisson LBV) and using Ubers/disney transport.

Ok I'll start what you came here to see, our itinerary!

Day 1 - March 30th

Arrival day
We arrive into Orlando quite late (around 8pm) so we just plan on getting a taxi/Uber to the hotel, grab some food and crash out ready for a 4am wake up (thanks jet lag!)

Day 2 - March 31s
t

Animal Kingdom

Hopefully get there for rope drop and hot foot it to FOP (I'm assuming I won't get a fastpass at 30 days) then have a chilled out first day, ride what we can, take it all in.

Disney springs
for Tea, Earl of sandwich and Ghirardelli's is kind of a first day family tradition.

Day 3 - April 1st

Universal Studios
Plan to do most of the park but leave out the Harry Potter part for now (we have a whole day planned for HP, big fans!)
then have a wander around City Walk, grab some tea.

Day 4 - April 2nd

Magic Kingdom
This will be a from open to close kinda day but hoping to take it as easy as we can and just enjoy it.

Day 5 - April 3rd

Epcot
My favourite park! Can't wait for this one, looking forward to flower and garden festival (been for F&W before but never F&G)
Going to venture over to Boardwalk for a break too
Again this will be an open till close day

Day 6 - April 4th

Islands of Adventure
Similar to our Universal Studios day, leaving out HP for now

Then Disney Springs to try Blaze pizza

Day 7 - April 5th

Hollywood Studios
Plan to get there for opening and do as much as we can, again not getting my hopes up for any decent fastpasses.

Then going to grab an Uber over to Old Town to see the car show at 7pm and grab some food and drinks, haven't been to Old Town in a long time so looking forward to it.

Day 8 - April 6th

After a few busy days we're keeping this one free, probably venture to I-Drive and the outlet malls. Spend some time around the pool that sort of thing.

Maybe Disney Springs for tea.

Day 9 - April 7th

Animal Kingdom
Plan to go here late morning/early afternoon so might plan in something else for the morning or decide we want to spend anither full day here.

Day 10 - April 8th

Typhoon Lagoon
Plan to get there for opening, spend a few hours here then head to Hollywood Studios to do anything we missed and see Fantasmic

Day 11 - April 9th

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Harry Potter Day! we have the hopper tickers so just going to spend the day fully geeking out at all the Harry Potter stuff.

Might then go back to Hollywood Studios for the Star Wars fireworks

Day 12 - April 10th

Epcot again, another full day because I just love it and to watch Illuminations

Day 13 - April 11th

Magic Kingdom, our final day so spending the whole day here and ending our honeymoon with happily ever after (seems quite fitting don't you think?!)

Day 14 - Friday 12th

A lazy morning, one final Golden Corral breakfast then back home we go

So there you go, what do you think? Anything missing?

We're pretty laid back people so not into planning every minute of the day just hoping to get as much done as we can but mainly just want to enjoy having 2 weeks together in the happiest place on Earth!
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Being a first timer, I can't really comment on your plan, but we should be arriving on the same day so I share your excitement

We can't wait!
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Being a first timer, I can't really comment on your plan, but we should be arriving on the same day so I share your excitement

We can't wait!
Ah how exciting! Enjoy your time at Disney!
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks, you too. And congratulations!
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Plans sound great. Never done Universal so no comments there but have done a lot of Disney. If you are partial to relaxing with a drink I would recommend a monorail loop on a long MK day. We like to do a load of rides then relax in some bars for the afternoon, before returning for fireworks. Would highly recommend Trader Sams and The Wave is nice too.
Enjoy!
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post

I've also been 7 times, but not since 2011. As far as itineraries go it looks reasonable, although your choice of Christopher Cross rather than The Spinners indicates a certain lack of musical taste. & I'm not sure our American friends will recognise your request to have tea. Sadly any plans I made prior to departure were usually wrecked by the 2 brats I had to take with me.
Enjoy your first day family tradition, it reminds me of the main thing missing from your itinerary!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Sounds great. Not too much planning which is how we like it too
The flower festival is amazing.
Enjoy.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List