Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

What MK Fireworks Dessert Party?

Just wondering what the best option for the Dessert Party is at MK?

We've looked at various options and I'm worried that sitting in the Tomorrowland terrace won't give as good a view as the Plaza Gardens.

I like the idea of the the after party, my thinking is that we'll miss the queues and crush and everything getting out of MK, if we're in the Dessert Party after the fireworks. Or have I got it wrong?

Anyone got any recommendations? We (me, DW and 2 teen DD) don't fancy the boat options, so we've ruled those out.
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You're right, the after party should mean a lot of the crowds who leave immediately after the fireworks (depends what time MK closes as to what percentage that would be) have thinned out by the time you're done.

Although I'd rather do the before party then just relax on the hub grass for a bit while everyone else stomps on past. I don't have any particular reason for this, just feels nicer.

Either way, the plaza gardens do offer the better view.

Edited at 04:52 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved the plaza garden viewing, would definitely recommend doing it. Never done the after party one though.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We did the after one and loved it. By the time we had finished the desserts the crowds had diminished and getting a bus was easy.

We liked the fact that when we got there it was hardly full as most people were eating their desserts in tomorrowland terrace so we got a great spot (not there's a bad spot).
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just booked the After Show, in the assumption that the crowds will die down whilst we are eating so I am glad you all agree with my logic. It says on the booking to check in an hour before, which seems a bit early to me if you are not eating until afterwards. I don't mind doing that if we are taken to the viewing area more or less straight away so we can chill in the grass but I don't want to be standing around for an hour. Does anyone have any experience of this please?
TIA
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Yes you go straight over to the viewing area to bag a place. I thought an hour early was to long but we got a couple of drinks and sat on the grass and relaxed x
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leicesterlass View Post
Yes you go straight over to the viewing area to bag a place. I thought an hour early was to long but we got a couple of drinks and sat on the grass and relaxed x
That's great, thanks for the info.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List