Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jan 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Charley’s, Cali Grill or something else?

We have a 14 night trip booked in May but not doing Disney this time. However we do have Cali Grill booked for a night (around firwework time). We have been there before and loved it and usually do one expensive meal on our holidays. Questions: We’d really like to try Charley’s Steakhouse on the 192 but it looks pretty pricey too - is it? Can we do both or is Charley’s going to set us back a similar amount (2 adults, 2 kids 11 & 12)? Or should we knock Cali Grill on the head and try another signature restaurant? Thought it would be nice to have a little Disney magic whilst there. Any advice appreciated!

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post

I dont think there is a right answer to this, it is your personal choice that matters. You can check the menus to get an idea of possible costs, I am sure it is accurate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

I guess you’re right, probably should have just asked what people think of Charley’s? I haven’t seen it mentioned too much on here. Looks really expensive and on par price wise with Cali Grill. Thought I might get some answers saying it was comparable price wise but not as good or yes it would be a great alternative if you haven’t been.
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I dont think there is a right answer to this, it is your personal choice that matters. You can check the menus to get an idea of possible costs, I am sure it is accurate.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Last year we went to A Land Remembered which is a steakhouse in The Rosen Shingle Creek, where we were staying. I had a restaurant.comvoucher for $100 which I probably paid very little for as I would have bought it when they were doing their really cheap deals.
We used this between 2 of us... we had to spend $200. We had the best meal I’ve ever had in Orlando. It was amazing with the very best service ever.
We ate like a couple of kings lol
My point is if you can get a hold of one of these vouchers before you go at the discounted rate it’s a brilliant place to eat.
I’ve got 2 of them in online wallet for my next 2 trips.

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you, I’ll check it out - been to Orlando 5 times in the last 7 years and never heard of it. Just goes to show!
Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Last year we went to A Land Remembered which is a steakhouse in The Rosen Shingle Creek, where we were staying. I had a restaurant.comvoucher for $100 which I probably paid very little for as I would have bought it when they were doing their really cheap deals.
We used this between 2 of us... we had to spend $200. We had the best meal I’ve ever had in Orlando. It was amazing with the very best service ever.
My point is if you can get a hold of one of these vouchers before you go at the discounted rate it’s a brilliant place to eat.
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hornet1976 View Post
I guess you’re right, probably should have just asked what people think of Charley’s? I haven’t seen it mentioned too much on here. Looks really expensive and on par price wise with Cali Grill. Thought I might get some answers saying it was comparable price wise but not as good or yes it would be a great alternative if you haven’t been.

I always consult tripadvisor which I have found reliable over the years. Charley's looks really nice on there and it is highly rated.
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Oh that does look lovely, I wish I could fit it into my plans next week!