Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jan 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Room request at CBR is either Martinique Village or corner room?!

Hi, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time this July. We are a family of five staying in a standard Room. On MDE I can request our room preferences and was expecting a choice of maybe one or two areas but it only says Martinique Village or a corner room. Does this mean we will definitely be in Martinique or a corner room elsewhere?! is that the only location for 5 bed standard rooms? Also wondered what the advantage of a corner room is? Extra space?
Thanks for any help.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I thought they had removed the room requests. Maybe there are some rooms considered standard in Martinique? It only gives me those two request plus near transportation. Usually you get which floor you’d like.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Usually in the moderates, the only difference in a corner room is that you get two windows.

I wouldn't say it's an either/or situation regarding requests. MDE sometimes has weird options in the room request section - I remember SSR only gave limited options for people last year.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

No, MDE isn’t working for room requests. It’s been stuck like that for a year or so now and gives everyone at CBR those same options
You’ll have to contact Disney UK if you booked through them or your travel agent or your operator if you didn’t book direct.
Let them know where/what you’d like and they’ll put the request in for you. It’s not quarantined though
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou all, are there standard rooms in all areas? I thought maybe the areas over the bridge in the middle? Any ideas which is best?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Jamaica & Aruba are standard rooms 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep an eye on the big CBR thread as some rooms might have the skyliner going over them.
I think Jamaica 42 & 46 should be fine & parts of 45.
😊
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou, would you not pick Martinique over Jamaica or Aruba then?
Can you request what block you want as well as the location?
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Martinique doesn’t have any standard rooms.
You can request whatever you like, but as it’s just a request it’s not guaranteed.
I’ve always found that they do their best to give you your request or close to it whenever they can.
😊
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, wonder why it says Martinique on MDE then? Maybe just a glitch. Thanks for all your help.