Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Jan 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PhDisney
Gone all Goofy

The First Family Trip - 1st-7th January (Day 1)

Hi all,

I really enjoyed writing trip reports in the past, so thought I'd give it another go!

We are a family of three. Me (31), my wife (32), and our son (2). This was my sixth trip, my wife's fifth, but our first since having our son. The trip was originally meant to go ahead in April, but due to a rather over-amorous anniversary night away in August, three is becoming four at the very start of May, so we decided to bring it forward to January so that my wife could still walk without waddling too much, or risk having our second child's place of birth as 'in an alleyway somewhere in Frontierland'! We decided against delaying it as our son is 3 in April, and of course becomes a chargeable guest at that time. Plus - we weren't too keen on taking a new baby and a 3yo to Disneyland Paris!

This was always going to be a challenging holiday. A 5-month pregnant lady, a 2y8m old who has just belatedly started his terrible two tantrums. More of that later!

Day 1 - Tuesday 1st January 2019

We are based in Yorkshire, so decided that getting to London for the 10:14 Eurostar on the 2nd January would be too much of a rush in the early morning. For that reason, we travelled to London on New Year's Day, arriving at King's Cross at about midday after a fairly uneventful 2 hour journey. I managed to get a wonderfully cheap deal on the Premier Inn across the road (St Pancras) for around £50 a night, which by London standards is a steal.

After checking in, we wandered into London, deciding to take our son to the London Transport Museum at Covent Garden as a fun pre-Disney thing to do. We all enjoyed it. It was busy, and he started getting a little tetchy, so we only perhaps spent 1.5 hours in there, but it was worth doing. We used the 2-for-1 train ticket offer, so all three of us got in for £17.50 in total.

After this, we wandered down to the river to take in the views. London has never been my favourite place. I'm very much a country boy, but in short bursts it's an enjoyable place to walk around. I'm always pleased to get out though!

We returned to our hotel quite early, I walked to King's Cross for a guilty pleasure of mine (Five Guys), and our son was tucked up in bed for 7:30 with the promise of "meet Mickey Mouse" tomorrow. He hadn't stopped talking about it for a week before. So cute.

So ended our first day of the trip, albeit still in the UK. The next big test would be the Eurostar experience, but that comes on Day 2!

Edited at 10:35 AM.
PhDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looking forward to reading along with this one. We are going for our first family trip with our daughter who will be 18 months in March so im interested to see what you can realistically fit into a day with a little one.

Congratulations on the pregnancy btw, very exciting
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PhDisney
Gone all Goofy

Glad it'll be of use. Days 4-7 will be posted very soon! Lots more useful information for you hopefully!
PhDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ahh looking forward to reading the rest of this one. We took our little boy around that same age - it was a wonderful experience!

We go with our, now 4 yr old, son and 1 yr old daughter next month. We'll let you know how that goes for your next trip :lol:
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Looking forward to reading along with this one. We are going for our first family trip with our daughter who will be 18 months in March so im interested to see what you can realistically fit into a day with a little one.

Congratulations on the pregnancy btw, very exciting
Hope you’ll be doing a report too Abi?! We’re taking DS who’ll be 17mths in May!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Hope you’ll be doing a report too Abi?! We’re taking DS who’ll be 17mths in May!
Why of course, the pre trip is already up somewhere
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Why of course, the pre trip is already up somewhere
Ooh fab, will have a search for it xx