Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

If you could do only go to three hotel bars, which ones would you choose?

As the title says really.

We’re heading over in May. First time for me, first time since he was a child for my husband. We’ve only got 8 days at Disney, staying POR, and we want to do some resort hopping. We also want to have a night out on the boardwalk and a night out going around the world showcase. I also want to relax and take it easy as well...

All the hotels look amazing but we don’t have time to go to them all, so which would you recommend?

Thanks x

Edited at 07:27 PM.
Megara84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Abracabar at The Boardwalk (inside is really nice and outside space where you can sit and watch Boardwalk entertainment / people watch)

Mizner's at The Grand Floridian (can listen to the band)

Victoria Falls at Boma (great atmosphere before dinner)
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Since you're staying at POR and can use the POFQ pool I recommend Mardi Grogs, the POFQ pool bar
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

I highly recommend Trader Grog Grotto at the Poly - it's superb! Without spoiling it - every time you order a cocktail - something happens! opens at 4pm no kids after I think 8pm

River Roost at POR when Yeeha Bob is on is hugely popular if that's your kind of thing. He's a kind of cabaret performer.

Mizners at the Grand Floridian is quite chilled in a nice setting if it's adults only - kids would be bored I think

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

Amazing! Thank you!

Abracadabar was definitely on the list - so excited about that! Mizner’s is as well because going to the Grand Floridian is a no brainer! Victoria Falls is a great shout though, I hadn’t even considered that.

Have you been to the bar attached to Jiko? I love the idea of having drinks before dinner there as well.

Edited at 07:27 PM.
Megara84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Since you're staying at POR and can use the POFQ pool I recommend Mardi Grogs, the POFQ pool bar
THAT, is an excellent suggestion. It combines my love of sitting by a pool and of drinking in new and excellent places. Thank God for pool bars!
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I highly recommend Trader Grog Grotto at the Poly - it's superb! Without spoiling it - every time you order a cocktail - something happens! opens at 4pm no kids after I think 8pm

River Roost at POR when Yeeha Bob is on is hugely popular if that's your kind of thing. He's a kind of cabaret performer.

Mizners at the Grand Floridian is quite chilled in a nice setting if it's adults only - kids would be bored I think
Grog Grotto is on the list then!

We’re very happy to try adults only places as we’re not travelling with children! Although I do think it’s wonderful seeing children enjoy Disney (I’ll never not cry when I see a little girl dressed in her best princess dress), the idea of having quiet evening drinks does appeal.
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megara84 View Post
Grog Grotto is on the list then!

We’re very happy to try adults only places as we’re not travelling with children! Although I do think it’s wonderful seeing children enjoy Disney (I’ll never not cry when I see a little girl dressed in her best princess dress), the idea of having quiet evening drinks does appeal.
Grog Grotto is my absolute fave bar on property - it is so much fun ... certainly not quiet but you won't regret going there. We always go before 'Ohana if we can get in.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megara84 View Post
Amazing! Thank you!

Abracadabar was definitely on the list - so excited about that! Mizner’s is as well because going to the Grand Floridian is a no brainer! Victoria Falls is a great shout though, I hadn’t even considered that.

Have you been to the bar attached to Jiko? I love the idea of having drinks before dinner there as well.
Victoria Falls is the bar attached to Jiko (and Boma), well it is a few steps away from both on your way down from Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Victoria Falls is the bar attached to Jiko (and Boma), well it is a few steps away from both on your way down from Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby.
Ahhh, okay. I’ve actually done a huge amount of research but I clearly have a lot to learn.

I was considering doing a pre- trippie and trip report so I’ll have something to look back on but decided against it because it’s a lot of work. I think I might have to now though, to check I’m not missing anything or making mistakes.

Thanks so much for your help!