Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Las Vegas Shopping/Outlets

Hi
Can someone tell me about the outlets...are they like orlando premium outlets?
Where about are they in Vegas, can we walk or do we need to go in the car?
We are staying in the Cosmopolitan.
TIA
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Hi
Can someone tell me about the outlets...are they like orlando premium outlets?
Where about are they in Vegas, can we walk or do we need to go in the car?
We are staying in the Cosmopolitan.
TIA
I would be interested too - we go next week and also staying at the Cosmopolitan
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Best outlets are the north near downtown

South are rubbish Imo

And yes they are similar to Orlando , neither in walking distance of your hotel though .

I wouldn’t go to Vegas and not have a car , there’s so much to see and do off the strip .
Even when we’ve stayed on the strip we’ve still used the car a lot , but then we aren’t ones for public transport .

Yes some
Hotels charge for parking but it’s still cheaper than Disney charge for parking each day .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We took Uber/Lyft to the outlets. Really cheap.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Hellooo

We found the outlets oddly similar to Florida - we felt we were in the same place lol! We went to the ones near Fremont also and I came home with 3 bargain handbags.

We used uber and I think it worked out about $15 return including tips from Flamingo which wasn't bad - I believe the bus could have been cheaper but we are convenience people lol.

I've never got a car over there are the strip traffic always seems mental and we both quite like a drink when on holiday so rely on ubers and walking.x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

There are roads parallel to the strip to use when trying to head north / south and not wanting to be on the strip itself. Makes getting about much easier.

North Outlet is by far the better of the outlets. On the strip itself you have Miracle Mile and the Fashion Mall which have all of the usual shopping centre store, but not really outlet stores.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we loved the Galleria Mall, about 5 miles out from the strip and a fraction of the price of the Fashion Show Mall
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
we loved the Galleria Mall, about 5 miles out from the strip and a fraction of the price of the Fashion Show Mall
Yes we go there a lot

Much better bargains to be had there
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We prefer the south outlets,they indoors so cooler and closer to strip. Uber from Cosmo would be less than $10. North outlets are outdoors. They are both very similar to Florida, they are part of same company simon outlets and do same coupon directories. Look at the list of shops on the websites as there are a few differences, then decide which you'd prefer to try. North outlets further away,uber around $25-$30. We've done both and tend to gravitate to the South every time. Check out town square shopping while in Vegas too. They also south of strip,opposite the airport. Outdoors and have loads of restaurants, a cinema, and different shops like Sax 5th avenue, whole foods. Check out their directory too. We usually have a day there shopping,cinema and meal.

Edited at 11:56 AM.
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

If you don't mind using public transport, the bus (Deuce?) goes direct to the South outlets, though you have to change on the way back but it's really easy. I think it was $8 for a 24 hour ticket so we went to Fremont Street as well. I think you can get the bus to the North outlets too but you have to change both ways. As others have said, they are just like the Florida outlets.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List