Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jclaydon
Proud to wear my Ears

Morro Bay / Santa Barbara hotel recommendations

Ok with flights finally confirmed, now need to start planning some hotels.

Planning to stop in both Morro Bay and Santa Barbara so looking for hotel recommendations.

Travelling in August, one night in each; me, the wife and 2 kids (13 and 11).

Quite like the look of 'The Landing' in Morro Bay.

Thanks
jclaydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
the_lemms
Proud to wear my Ears

We visited both on our road trip, Morro bay is a great place for a stop off but not sure I would do a night there. We stopped off for dinner on our way from Santa Barbara to stay at Cambria. Pismo beach may be a better choice.

Where are you travelling from and to as that is 2 nights at separate places that are pretty close together.
the_lemms is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jclaydon
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks. Coming across from a few nights in Kings Canyon, just looking for a few stops along the coast on the way down to Anaheim.
jclaydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
the_lemms
Proud to wear my Ears

We tried to fit Kings Canyon and Sequoia but ended up going from Yosemitie to Vegas instead.
Depending on the time you plan to leave I would consider driving to Morro bay for a stop off if you really want to as there isnt much else other than the area around the harbour for a couple of hours then drive Pismo for the stay over as this will suit the kids better IMO. also make sure you get there in time for sunset which is stunning.

On the drive to Santa Barbara I would stop off at Solvang, google it we didnt manage to fit it in due to time but will be visiting next time.
the_lemms is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
the_lemms
Proud to wear my Ears

Also looking at routes, a bit of a detour but the kids might like a stop off at the elephant seal beach at San Simeon.
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'd recommend west beach inn at Santa Barbara

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We stayed at the blue sands inn Santa Barbara it was lovely. We didn't stay at Morro bay but stayed at the lighthouse suites Pismo beach. Again that was lovely they are part of a chain and we chose that one because it had two bedrooms. Also for the lighthouse suites I booked direct with them as it was a lot cheaper than sites like booking.com. I think I might have phoned them.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jclaydon
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks all, will investigate the suggestions!