Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jan 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
If you’re thinking of paying for DDP vs a free hotel stay and paying for food it’s a no brainer for me. DDP won’t actually save you any money, you’re just pre paying for food. I would book the hotel with the vouchers and pay for food.
Agree, but even with the free DP, it may be worth checking if you can find the same hotel at a discount, it may save you, as in our case.

One advantage to the DP is that, with all the meals essentially pre-paid, is that you don't 'worry' about what you are ordering, you, or any kids, can order whatever they like from the menus (some items do have a surcharge on the DP). Many people also like the fact that there meals are already paid for up front.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Agree, but even with the free DP, it may be worth checking if you can find the same hotel at a discount, it may save you, as in our case.

One advantage to the DP is that, with all the meals essentially pre-paid, is that you don't 'worry' about what you are ordering, you, or any kids, can order whatever they like from the menus (some items do have a surcharge on the DP). Many people also like the fact that there meals are already paid for up front.
Absolutely. We have free QSDP and it's good to know taht I won't be looking at the menu and trying to find the cheapest thing on there!. It is nice just to look at the options and say "Hmm, that looks good - I'll have that" and not worry about it.

I wouldn't pay for it though as we would be able to eat cheaper OOP than paying for the plan
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
GenoviaPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

As a vegetarian who does not eat 3 meals a day on holiday, the DDP would not save me any money at all - it would actually end up costing me. We are doing it because we booked it when the free offer was on. It really does depend on so many factors, including the specific meals you would order.

Amsterdam, Austria, Belgium, Berlin, Bosnia, Budapest, Bulgaria, Copenhagen, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Finland, Geneva, Greece, Israel, Italy, Madeira, Madrid, Montenegro, New York, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Tallinn, Tunisia, Turkey, Valencia plus more.
GenoviaPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post

That’s why we like the DDP. I still feel guilty that we ate at Le Cellier last year as it cost so much. Had I eaten there on DDP, even paid for, I wouldn’t have batted an eye.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Some great views, thank you so far, and to those who will still be posting.

We will definitely be staying on site, so will be eating in resorts. We do love our breakfast and will be happy with a snack for lunch, then definitely a sit down meal for dinner.

I'll try and find menus of places we ate at last time to see what costs they list.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

With my very crude workings out, I’m no mathematician! I’ve just checked and It would cost us approx £400 less now than when I booked with free dinning for 10 nights this Oct. So effectively we are getting 10 days worth of food for 2 people for £400. we also got the $200 gift card too when we booked.

So in my mind it’s definitely worth booking with free dinning.

I think we probably spent about £900pp not including tips over our 15 night holiday last October. We ate at places we wouldn’t have eaten at if we weren’t on the DDP which is great.

Totally worth it for us!

Kat

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I'll be going in April, so I'm not expecting free DDP, I'm just trying to weigh up free hotel (with Clubcard vouchers) but paying for all food as we eat, against buying a package hotel with DDP, not using any vouchers.

I can use the vouchers for other things so don't have to spend them with Hotels.com, just down to whether us paying for food against the £590 ish for DDP
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I did a comparison in my latest food report as we had ddp for for a portion of our split stay at Christmas.
It’s here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...109817&page=23
All the food and meals have costs shown in the report too.

In your case and just 2 of you I don’t think I’d pay for the ddp.
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Thank you so much Rescuer.

I've started looking at prices on the menus of places we'd like to eat, with the DDP say in Sci-fi diner, would I get the appetizer, entree, dessert and drink or just 2 courses and a drink?
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
May2017
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Working out with booking today price I should save about 700 with free dining

Never done it so can't comment.

Not sure if it wasn't free it would be worth it
May2017 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List