$25 per night GOODWILL room credit/gc 0 0%
$75 per night GOODWILL room credit/gc 27 35.53%
A Bath With Mickey Mouse 7 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Mar 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

Spoke to Dawn at charter travel on Thursday 23rd and she told me Disney were offering $75 prpn if we wanted to stay at CBR or a free move to POR, she asked my preference and said she would call me the following day when she had Disney on the other line.

Called me Friday 24th and Disney offered POR for free ( we had already upgraded to DDP) but due to beds needed we asked for an alternative and were offered Yacht club for £546 extra so we took that.

We check in 23rd sep, MDE still showing CBR

Edited at 10:40 PM.
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
starstruck
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Phoned 24th at 9am on the dot. Call was answered 2 1\2 hours later by Barbara. I was offered £50 prpn straight away. I asked if there were other options to which she replied she could move us to POR foc with our DDP and $200 gift card. I accepted the move.

We check in on 22/07/17.

Jue
X
1995 - Villa;1996 - Days Inn LBV;1997 - Days Inn LBV;1998 - Days Inn LBV;2000 - Days Inn LBV;2002 - Springhill Suites Marriott Village;2004 - Fairfield Inn MV;2006 - Springhill Suites MV;2011 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2012 - Grand Beach LBV;2014 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2017 - POR + DDP & Grand Beach Resort LBV;2023 Rosen Inn LBV; 2024 Rosen Inn LBV
starstruck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
23/2 contacted Florida Escapes
25/2 Fiona phoned to confirm refurbishment and find out from me what I would be prepared to accept. She did all the phoning
26/2 Fiona said Disney were offering free move to POFQ pool view at no extra cost. QS and $200 gift card retained. Or $25pn compensation.
Chose to move to POFQ as $25 was ridiculous.
I have heard of offers of $75 since then but, not being sure what food will be available and having fussy eaters, decided to stay with POFQ.
TRavelling 28 November.
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

19/2 Sent an email with an official complaint about the refurbishment. Got an automatic reply that my mail would be answered in 5-7 days.

22/2 Phoned to ask about the refurbishment (after reading on thedibb). Had a preffered room at CBR with upgrade to Regular Dining plan. Was told on the phone no compensation was given, only option was to move. No simular resort was available (check in 21st of April for 14 nights). First option was to move to Saratoga Springs Resort, had to pay 126GBP extra. Took that and paid that.

2/3 received an email from Disney Travel UK (disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com) in which they explained the refurbishment (but I already switched resorts). In this email they stated that there will be a $75,- p/n compensation at check in at the CBR. Was not offered this when I called on the 22nd and if I was I would have chosen that, or only accepted an upgrade at no cost.

3/3 Received an answer to my email complaint and in which they again stated that I would receive compensation at check in at the CBR. So the change of resorts was not know by the CM who replied. As an answer to this email I sent another complaint about not been given the option that is been given now, and that I feel like I am the one that is paying for the mistakes they are making. I extra pay for an upgrade because no compensation was given. And now they are giving everybody money (which feels like I am paying (as really small part of) for.

At this moment 7/3 no answer to my second complaint, but either the upgrade will be free of cost, or I want to go back to the CBR (preferred room) with the $75,- p/n compensation.
But boy... they are letting us all down with the lack (and inconsequent) communication. I am really keeping myself from not ringing them and keep telling myself to wait for an reply to my second complain.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stormryder View Post
19/2 Sent an email with an official complaint about the refurbishment. Got an automatic reply that my mail would be answered in 5-7 days.

22/2 Phoned to ask about the refurbishment (after reading on thedibb). Had a preffered room at CBR with upgrade to Regular Dining plan. Was told on the phone no compensation was given, only option was to move. No simular resort was available (check in 21st of April for 14 nights). First option was to move to Saratoga Springs Resort, had to pay 126GBP extra. Took that and paid that.

2/3 received an email from Disney Travel UK (disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com) in which they explained the refurbishment (but I already switched resorts). In this email they stated that there will be a $75,- p/n compensation at check in at the CBR. Was not offered this when I called on the 22nd and if I was I would have chosen that, or only accepted an upgrade at no cost.

3/3 Received an answer to my email complaint and in which they again stated that I would receive compensation at check in at the CBR. So the change of resorts was not know by the CM who replied. As an answer to this email I sent another complaint about not been given the option that is been given now, and that I feel like I am the one that is paying for the mistakes they are making. I extra pay for an upgrade because no compensation was given. And now they are giving everybody money (which feels like I am paying (as really small part of) for.

At this moment 7/3 no answer to my second complaint, but either the upgrade will be free of cost, or I want to go back to the CBR (preferred room) with the $75,- p/n compensation.
But boy... they are letting us all down with the lack (and inconsequent) communication. I am really keeping myself from not ringing them and keep telling myself to wait for an reply to my second complain.
call and ask for Guest Care

know what you want when you go on

should all be sorted in one call.

but read my next post if you think you will get 2x$75 if you move back.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

anyone expecting 2 x $75 listen up

you ARE most likely gonna get stiffed on this

so you have three options

1) I am happy to stay at CBR and get 1x$75 per night credit
(with a very slim possibility that you may get both, have your magic number ready - but ultimately I am happy with just 1x$75)

2) they are trying to play hard ball with me - therefore I will play hard ball right back and go and take a move to the most expensive resort they will offer thus £ for £ you win - more value holiday.

3) roll up, expecting both with your magic number and all other advice I have given, only get 1 x $75, come home and claim abta.

This is my advice now at this date and time. There is nothing I have been told personally to suggest any better course of action at this time.

Remember under ABTA rules every contract is an entirely separate entity, so because Tom got something absolutely does not mean Mick and Sally will.

PLEASE Don't go shouting and screaming at anyone especially CMs, TAs and TOs because they don't really don't deserve it - because the people who made this mess - will never directly communicate with us, I know, I've tried.

Just play their game, afaik the offer to move is on the table, do whats best for your situation.

Sorry its not better news but that's how I see things now and unless Disney come forward with a fair proposal like the one I suggested then it will be purely by error that you get both.

I proposed Disney

1) give everyone with a booking at CBR prior to work announcement - who decide to stay at CBR - a £61pn reduction of their invoice or refunded to people who have paid AS A GOODWILL payment as they have changed the terms of their booking and caused so much stress and anguish.

2) ALL CBR guests get $75 pn Credit.

THUS they have matched all previous "implied" offers to stay.

That's the only way I can see this mess will be sorted, people were offered SOMETHING over a move, they chose to stay and were offered A RED APPLE to stay - now all guests
even new bookers are getting A GREEN APPLE to stay - when you arrive - they will give you one red and green apple and say that's all...

Again just so poorly handled and they don't have to do anything to rectify this.

But The third best company in the world, should - #nopixiedust #the75club #redandgreenapples

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the reponse, will give it a call then instead of waiting for a reply. But first I will check with my princess to find out when 'we' will be satisfied. So will be making that call later on today or tomorrow.

And thanks for the heads up about the 2 x $75, will wait and see about that...
Old 7 Mar 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

First I spoke to the first line Disney Experts. I explained our situation/complaint and she said she had to take this to her manager. So she put me on hold for about 45 minutes. When she came back she could only offer us the refund of the 126GBP. Although I appreciated her effort, I was not willing to go ahead with this. So I asked to be put through to Guest Care. That is when the magic started...

I waited another 45 minuted before I got a hold of the famous Dale (the master himself ). Really very kind and nice man with a really drive to help you out!
I explained the situation again (am getting pretty good at making a summary about out complaint) and after that he told me to wait for a few minutes. When he came back he was really sorry to tell me that even Disney USA didn't have CBR rooms available anymore. So although he really wanted to transfer me back, there are no rooms available anymore. I then asked if there was any other resort or room where we could look at because the SSR deluxe studio had a sofa bed, while the CBR pref. had 2 queens/doubles. That was his queue and he told me to hold tight for just a second.

He came back after a few minutes and offered us transfer from the SSR deluxe studio, to a 2 bedroom villa at the SSR. This has a full bed for all four in our party (me and mom in a king bed, kids in queen each). And there was NO extra charge for this upgrade! Really great deal as far as I am concerned. But to make it even more magical; he told me he already transferred the 126GBP (what I paid for upgrading from CBR to SSR) back to my Credit Card. So now we are really happy!

Thanks for the tip on calling and asking for Guest Care, without that tip I probably would have settled for the 126GBP refund.
Old 8 Mar 17, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stormryder View Post
First I spoke to the first line Disney Experts. I explained our situation/complaint and she said she had to take this to her manager. So she put me on hold for about 45 minutes. When she came back she could only offer us the refund of the 126GBP. Although I appreciated her effort, I was not willing to go ahead with this. So I asked to be put through to Guest Care. That is when the magic started...

I waited another 45 minuted before I got a hold of the famous Dale (the master himself ). Really very kind and nice man with a really drive to help you out!
I explained the situation again (am getting pretty good at making a summary about out complaint) and after that he told me to wait for a few minutes. When he came back he was really sorry to tell me that even Disney USA didn't have CBR rooms available anymore. So although he really wanted to transfer me back, there are no rooms available anymore. I then asked if there was any other resort or room where we could look at because the SSR deluxe studio had a sofa bed, while the CBR pref. had 2 queens/doubles. That was his queue and he told me to hold tight for just a second.

He came back after a few minutes and offered us transfer from the SSR deluxe studio, to a 2 bedroom villa at the SSR. This has a full bed for all four in our party (me and mom in a king bed, kids in queen each). And there was NO extra charge for this upgrade! Really great deal as far as I am concerned. But to make it even more magical; he told me he already transferred the 126GBP (what I paid for upgrading from CBR to SSR) back to my Credit Card. So now we are really happy!

Thanks for the tip on calling and asking for Guest Care, without that tip I probably would have settled for the 126GBP refund.
that's a great result

things like this make it so worthwhile spending my time trying to fix for everyone.

regard less of the size of upgrade or the amount of $$ everyone should walk away haaappppeeee at the end of this - and Disney should be happy if their customers are.

Old 8 Mar 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
GarstonPops
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

[QUOTE=papamouse;12341300]EDIT - think we can see the pattern now - please just post if you have something new to add, or you can add your travel date - Or just take part in the Poll.

Not sure this particularly adds to the sum of knowledge, but here goes...

Our check-in date is 10/10/17.

We have two linked bookings and accepted the £50 offer late on the 27th just before it was withdrawn. We've had our revised invoices showing the "good will" reduction and subsequently received the generic email with the $75 per night for all at check-in.

We've also had a phone call with Eugene at Disney who said he thought we would get the $75 gift cards but wasn't in a position to formally confirm.

We considered emailing to ask for this confirmation, but decided not to rock the boat and watch what happens May/June.
GarstonPops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List