Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 1 Apr 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DaveyP
A Guest at All-Stars

107 Days to go!

Other than waiting to book FP we are good to go.

ESTA'S all went through in a few hours. Pleased we got the Children's passports renewed in plenty of time, we sent three at once, 2 arrived the next day, 1 took three weeks to get there... !
2023 Disney Dream North Europe
DaveyP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mjic4
Getting Excited

We are patiently waiting on fast pass day family planning meeting later this week so we have an idea of what we are going to try and book.
Hope everyone is as excited as us!
Old 1 Apr 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post

All rides for MK... then lots of rides (but not all attractions etc) at AK and HS
Worth checking out. X
Thanks Shifu

I’d quite like to do AK or MK if they are extended to July.

😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mjic4 View Post
We are patiently waiting on fast pass day family planning meeting later this week so we have an idea of what we are going to try and book.
Hope everyone is as excited as us!
Yes, can’t wait! Really hoping to get a couple of FoP fast passes, it’s my favourite ride 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DaveyP View Post
107 Days to go!

Other than waiting to book FP we are good to go.

ESTA'S all went through in a few hours. Pleased we got the Children's passports renewed in plenty of time, we sent three at once, 2 arrived the next day, 1 took three weeks to get there... !
Crazy that one passport took 3 weeks longer than the others - ha

Think we’re all patiently (or maybe impatiently) 😀 waiting to book our fast passses now. 1st week of May for me 😊
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Oh my nearly at the magic 100 days! I need to start thinking about fast passes but am really nervous about doing them - don't know why, probably because its my first time To be fair the only one I am really keen to get is FOP and the Mine train as we have done the others - oh actually I really want Soarin as we last visited in 2013 so it was the old version. We are only having 1 night onsite to take advantage of the 60 days FP access but will only be able to book one day at a time. If anyone has any tips for me I would be most grateful.

Accommodation has been cancelled and rebooked - I was a complete idiot and noticed that I had booked Hard Rock for 30th August rather than 30th July! To rebook at Hard Rock would have cost over £80 extra so have booked RPR instead. So glad I noticed the error though.

Have changed accommodation at the Keys and managed to save over £400 - accommodation there is very expensive.

Have booked Blue Man Group for DH's birthday and a private tour at Big Cat Rescue as my birthday treat. Still need to book snorkelling tour and glass bottom boat tour at John Pennenkamp and Theatre of the Seas tickets.

Still need to get DD's passport but I'm waiting until next month so I can get her first adult one and then it will be ESTA time.

The excitement is building
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Oh my nearly at the magic 100 days! I need to start thinking about fast passes but am really nervous about doing them - don't know why, probably because its my first time To be fair the only one I am really keen to get is FOP and the Mine train as we have done the others - oh actually I really want Soarin as we last visited in 2013 so it was the old version. We are only having 1 night onsite to take advantage of the 60 days FP access but will only be able to book one day at a time. If anyone has any tips for me I would be most grateful.

Accommodation has been cancelled and rebooked - I was a complete idiot and noticed that I had booked Hard Rock for 30th August rather than 30th July! To rebook at Hard Rock would have cost over £80 extra so have booked RPR instead. So glad I noticed the error though.

Have changed accommodation at the Keys and managed to save over £400 - accommodation there is very expensive.

Have booked Blue Man Group for DH's birthday and a private tour at Big Cat Rescue as my birthday treat. Still need to book snorkelling tour and glass bottom boat tour at John Pennenkamp and Theatre of the Seas tickets.

Still need to get DD's passport but I'm waiting until next month so I can get her first adult one and then it will be ESTA time.

The excitement is building
Hi,
With the 60 day Fast Pass, I think the rules have recently changed.
I'm sure it's now only possible to book check in & check out day at 60 days if you only have 1 night on-site then it reverts to 30 days for off-site days.

Good job you spotted your Hard Rock stay was booked for the wrong date. July is so much more expensive than August for universal hotels.
When I was checking prices, a night at RPR in July was about £90 more than a night in August Crazy!

😊

Edited at 09:40 AM.
Old 2 Apr 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Disney Dizzy I thnk Cha Cha is correct and disney have recently closed the loophole which let you book fastpasses at 60 days out after an on site stay. :-(

90 days for us today. :-)

Patiently waiting for our fastpass booking day too. Think I know what we are going to try to book for most days now but planning to sit down with DH sooner rather than later and write out a list and then we will check back with the dibb availability checker thing a day or so before our booking day so that if there is anything that we are obviously not going to get we can tweek our plans.

We have been having the odd look at what the queues are like at the moment on the MDE app since the parks are really busy with it being spring break time and the queues are huge!

Other than Fastpasses we are pretty much sorted. DS needed a heap of new clothes since last years summer clothes are too small. Other than a couple of new pairs of trainers which we will get in June he is all kitted out. DH just needs a few more pairs of shorts and I am pretty much sorted.

Just need to start stocking up on toiletries when I see things on special offer and sun cream. Anyone got any recommendations for once a day suncream? We have tried P20 before but keen to hear if anyone has found anything else that works well. All three of us are fair skinned and burn easily.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
Disney Dizzy I thnk Cha Cha is correct and disney have recently closed the loophole which let you book fastpasses at 60 days out after an on site stay. :-(

90 days for us today. :-)

Patiently waiting for our fastpass booking day too. Think I know what we are going to try to book for most days now but planning to sit down with DH sooner rather than later and write out a list and then we will check back with the dibb availability checker thing a day or so before our booking day so that if there is anything that we are obviously not going to get we can tweek our plans.

We have been having the odd look at what the queues are like at the moment on the MDE app since the parks are really busy with it being spring break time and the queues are huge!

Other than Fastpasses we are pretty much sorted. DS needed a heap of new clothes since last years summer clothes are too small. Other than a couple of new pairs of trainers which we will get in June he is all kitted out. DH just needs a few more pairs of shorts and I am pretty much sorted.

Just need to start stocking up on toiletries when I see things on special offer and sun cream. Anyone got any recommendations for once a day suncream? We have tried P20 before but keen to hear if anyone has found anything else that works well. All three of us are fair skinned and burn easily.
Have you tried the Coppertone factor 50 spray you get out there?
We’ve bought it a few times and really like it, DD is really fair and has never burnt when using it, even at waterparks. I’m not sure if it’s once a day, but it’s a spray and really easy to re-apply.
I love the smell of it too 😊

Another that’s really good, not once a day, but again. really easy to re-apply is Nivea sun factor 50, protect and refresh cooling sun mist, water resistant.

We used a once a day sun cream a few years ago, but still burned at the water park.

Anyway, sorry no useful once a day recommendations, hopefully someone else will have some 😊

3 months today for us now 😀
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Have you tried the Coppertone factor 50 spray you get out there?
We’ve bought it a few times and really like it, DD is really fair and has never burnt when using it, even at waterparks. I’m not sure if it’s once a day, but it’s a spray and really easy to re-apply.
I love the smell of it too 😊

Another that’s really good, not once a day, but again. really easy to re-apply is Nivea sun factor 50, protect and refresh cooling sun mist, water resistant.

We used a once a day sun cream a few years ago, but still burned at the water park.

Anyway, sorry no useful once a day recommendations, hopefully someone else will have some 😊

3 months today for us now 😀
Yes I love it and although not factor 50 - the Malibu spray you get here in the can is £2.99 and is exactly the same /
After using copper tone I set about trying to get something similar and found the Malibu / havent Burnt once since using it and that includes Dubai last year.
At 2.99 a can I took a bag full on holiday it’s a fab dry oil spray
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List