Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 May 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018 - Day Two Eurostar

Weather - London Sunny - Paris Rain

I woke up early and dozed for a while and finally got up at 7.15 and had a shower - the shower was very poor but the towels were a decent size

Breakfast was not worth the £5.95 I paid so I just had some cereal from a bad range and some orange juice. I nipped back to Sainsbury's and bought a sandwich for the train journey as I was not sure of the quality or price the food would be on the Eurostar.

I checked out and arrived at the station at 9.30 and my train was due at 10.14. The Q was short and before I knew it I was going through security and was not prepared so having my watch and belt on made the machine go off and I was frisk searched.

Whilst waiting for the train I met other passengers who had been affected by the strikes and I felf sorry for them.

The train was ready and I walked a long way to coach 17 - sorry no picture.

I was disappointed by the train journey as I went through lots of tunnels and in the UK was not that scenic - France was a little better so I passed the time talking to a family about Disney and this made the journey a lot more fun. We arrived on time

I went through passport control quickly and hopped on to a bus to my hotel - Santa Fe.

It was very busy in the line to check in but it moved quickly and I was happy to have a block near the bus stop and the main complex , however the resort is not too big.

My room was on the top floor in the Mater block

Picture's of the resort.

It was now 3.50 and I headed to the Disneyland Park - it had been raining hard all day but now it was just light rain - some people had said they got socked in the morning and used hair dryers to dry their clothes

I headed for star tours as it was raining

Star Tours photo

I picked up a FP before going in as it had a 10 minute Q.
I came out rode using the FP and then rode a third time - it was good as I got three different stories and with the new red planet.

It was still drizzling when I came out but time for the Parade - the crowds were low so I got a good spot.

Parade Pictures.

Chip and Dale

Slinky Dog

Pirates

The Dragon

And of course Olaf

I then got the bus back to my resort for a pre booked buffet meal and I was tired so was glad of a sit down.

I spent about an hour just trying lots of things and people watching.

It was still early so I got the bus back over to the Village and headed to the World of Disney. I saw lots of things I wanted but ended up not buying anything.

An odd thing I noted there were hotel badges in this store but the hotel shop did not stock the hotel badge

After a long shop my feet were complaining so I headed back to the hotel to plan tomorrow - a full day in Disneyland Park.

The hotel at night from my window

DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great first day.

You got quite a lot done for arrival day. Shame about the rain but at least you missed the worst of it.

No hairdryer necessary.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Good that your journey was on time and you got to spend time in the Disneyland Park.

3 rides on Star Tours is very good, especially with 3 different stories!

A busy but fun day.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List