Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Aug 18, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I persuade my family to wear matching tshirts? August 2018 - day 2 - Pool and Disney Springs

Sunday 19th August 2018

I woke at 4.15, I tried to go back to sleep but I don’t think I did. Andy & I got up at 6 for tea/coffee on the lanai. Josh joined us and said he’d woken at 3.30, he’d slept a fair bit of the journey last night. Dan was still asleep.

The temperature at 6.30 was 24C it was moments like this I was looking forward to, just sitting, enjoying being here. Perfect.

Andy had sent the family a What’s App group a message while shopping at Aldi a few weeks before asking if we needed an inflatable melon, which obviously we did! Sadly we couldn’t find a foot pump in the villa so Andy sat and inflated it manually. It was huge!

Andy and Josh went for run for half an hour (crazy) I turned on the spa (sensible) I thought the water level was too low so I topped it up with the hose, it was therefore pretty chilly. Turns out the pump comes on at 8 and sorts out the levels, we were a bit early! While I was in the spa a balloon went past.

Then Dan got up and peace was shattered.

We stayed in the pool until 9am by which time we were getting hungry. We decided we would take it in turns to each choose where we ate breakfast, starting with me. I chose Cracker Barrel. I just love the feel of this place, as it was Sunday I suggested we went to the one on the 27 as I thought it would be quieter than the one on the 192.

We arrived at 9.40 and were seated straight away, it was really busy. We all had coffee apart from Josh who had a raspberry iced tea.
Andy had eggs in the basket, I had Uncle Herschel’s Favourite, Dan had pancakes with a side of hash brown and Josh, Mommas Pancake Breakfast. $57 including tip.
It was delicious. I had to eat one of Dan’s pancakes as he couldn’t manage them all.

We went back to the villa afterwards for more pool time. I started my book. The boys were having such a great time and were loving the pool. It was lovely to have some time to relax, we’ve always done full on parks and historically day 1 would be rope dropping Magic Kingdom. It was so nice to take it easy. We stayed by the pool until about 1.30.

We then went to Disney Springs. We parked easily in lime garage and we decided that we would split up. So the boys went off together, holiday money in hand and we arranged to meet them an hour later.

Andy and I went off to the left through the little arcade of shops, I bypassed Sephora at this time as I thought it was too hot for Andy to be sat waiting for goodness knows how long.

We found a really cool shop called Disney style which had some really great character themed clothes and T-shirts with Disney slogans. I restrained myself and only bought one. For myself.

So many ears!

As I can’t possibly pass a Starbucks without going in - I got a peach iced tea. We wandered past the restaurants, Bongos looked lovely from the outside and I can imagine House of Blues looks lovely at night with lights strung across the outside seating area. The B-52s were playing that night. I used to love them.
Disney Springs is absolutely huge now, with so many food options and more being added.

Beautiful

We met the boys in Lacoste where I persuaded Josh not to spend all of his money on a sweatshirt on day 1. I suggested we look at the outlets to see if there was anything similar and if not we could come back.

The boys had gone to the coke shop and bought a Freestyle each, Josh thinks this was $5 and you could refill it 5 times, which they did!

We had a cool down by walking through World of Disney and a look in the Co-op. I love the cherry tree lane dresses.

Monsters Inc

Dole Whip

It was really hot so we decided to head back to the car via Ghirardelli for our traditional free chocolate. The temperature in the car said 99F we think maybe the display only goes up to 99!

During the day the boys had decided that we should also take it in turns to decide where we eat tea (dinner). Starting with Dan (reverse order to the breakfast order!). This did not sit very well with me as I like to be in control, Dan chose Red Lobster and we drove to the one on the 192.
Dan had a dish I’d pointed out to him on instagram...crab legs and crab linguine Alfredo..it was only $33! Andy had a shrimp skewer and flounder combo, I had shrimp Alfredo and josh had Cajun chicken Alfredo. Delicious cheddar bay biscuits and salad to start.

Dan’s a pro with the crabs legs and really enjoyed them but didn’t manage much of the pasta. It is a really rich dish, delicious but rich! Total cost $120 including tip.

We then went to walk our dinner off round Super Target, the sky was looking very black and ominous on the way in. Now I love Super Target but it was disappointing today. It’s being refurbished so things were in the wrong place and generally it felt a bit disorganised . Again just the essentials, drinks, crisps, gift bags. $60 later...

When we left it was chucking it down with rain and thunder and lightening.

Once back at the villa we had to sit inside as the chairs were soaking. Once I sat down I felt really tired, I tried to read but was struggling. I gave up and went to bed at 9pm - so rock n roll!
Old 31 Aug 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does that mean I am going to get very lost in Target 😳

Joan
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

It sounds like a great first day - relaxing on the one hand but plenty of activity too!
The dresses are lovely!

I am not sure the picking of restaurants would work well in our family with a fussy 13 yo

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Sounds great! I really liked the Disney dresses too but managed to resist because I would have absolutely nowhere to wear one, and thought they were a bit $$$$$$!

You’re brave leaving the tea choices to the others, it’s a very carefully thought out plan for us, making sure we start off gently and working our way up 😉

Super Target was a bit disappointing this year with the big empty square - if it was still empty for you they’re taking there time over it! Funny how we all know exactly where all the aisles are, the boys go straight off to the sweets then sports stuff - I’m usually hanging around the deli and bakery but drooling over the cakes

Looking forward to reading more xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Love red lobster and then a wander round Target if we eat on the 192
Don't you just hate it when they move things in stores I'm hoping they have not started at Posner Park target yet withnthe refurb
Nothing beats a chilled back first day for us now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
It sounds like a great first day - relaxing on the one hand but plenty of activity too!
The dresses are lovely!

I am not sure the picking of restaurants would work well in our family with a fussy 13 yo
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Sounds great! I really liked the Disney dresses too but managed to resist because I would have absolutely nowhere to wear one, and thought they were a bit $$$$$$!

You’re brave leaving the tea choices to the others, it’s a very carefully thought out plan for us, making sure we start off gently and working our way up 😉

Super Target was a bit disappointing this year with the big empty square - if it was still empty for you they’re taking there time over it! Funny how we all know exactly where all the aisles are, the boys go straight off to the sweets then sports stuff - I’m usually hanging around the deli and bakery but drooling over the cakes

Apparently Emma gets the choice for tonight's final dinner. We don't know yet. Maybe we'll need to wait for trippy day 14?

Mick
Old 31 Aug 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I love those dresses😍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading along 👍🏻
Old 1 Sep 18, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Does that mean I am going to get very lost in Target 😳

Joan
Hopefully it will be sorted by the time you go or while you’re here!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
The dresses are lovely!

Haha ours have picked quite well, apart from breakfast tomorrow which I’m trying to steer!

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post

Ooh start of gently, I’m intrigued to know where you start and then end haha

Yes the dresses are ridiculous $$$$ especially with the matching netting to go underneath, matching cardigan and bag
Old 1 Sep 18, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Love red lobster and then a wander round Target if we eat on the 192
Don't you just hate it when they move things in stores I'm hoping they have not started at Posner Park target yet withnthe refurb
Nothing beats a chilled back first day for us now
It was lovely and chilled, I think I must be getting old
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Apparently Emma gets the choice for tonight's final dinner. We don't know yet. Maybe we'll need to wait for trippy day 14?

Mick
Yes I cant possibly tell you until then

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
I love those dresses😍
They are gorgeous thank you for reading

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Looking forward to reading along 👍🏻
Thank you