Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Sep 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I persuade my family to wear matching Tshirts? - August 2018 - Day 9 - Golf and Boardwalk

Sunday 26th August 2018

I woke up at 6am after more weird dreams! Andy made me a cup of tea and off he went for a run. I took my tea outside.

Dan’s choice for breakfast was IHOP. Dan had woken up full of cold so was having a lie in, while the rest of us sat outside once again contemplating future holidays. We definitely feel we could come back to the villa for 2 weeks and not do any parks. We feel like we’ve ‘done’ Disney, but we say that every time!

We got to IHOP Berry Town Center at 9.40. The car park was full and we had to park by Applebee’s. We had a 25 minute wait so sat outside with the buzzer. Never seen IHOP so busy but then it was a Sunday and we were a bit later.

Service was a little slow because they were so busy, our server was very sweet, although we weren’t keen on her telling us that she was dripping with sweat because it was so hot. Erm lovely, thanks! She also came to tell us that her friends on the table behind were going home to UK that day but had to go via Texas, she was amazed when we said we were going straight back without stopping in Texas!

I had biscuits and gravy, Josh had an omelette with a bit of cheese, Dan had the Split Decision and I can’t remember what Andys was called! Sausage, hash brown and egg! It was all very tasty, but mine was on the cold side, I couldn’t be bothered to say anything, it still tasted good. It was a very pricey breakfast at $63 including tip.

Then we decided to play golf. I’d consulted the dibb as we fancied somewhere different to Wintersummer Land. There was a recommendation for I Drive but we didn’t want to go that far, so decided on Bonanza Golf on the 192 by Cici’s Pizza. It was $9.95 per game or $13.95 for two games and you could come back another time to play the second game. This sounded a good deal but we decided to only do one game. There were two courses and we opted for the trickier one.

It was ok...quite nice to look at but the holes were a bit boring. No windmills or anything! We were glad we’d only paid for one game.

From here we went to Boardwalk. We drove to the main hotel car park and explained we were coming for a look round, the security guard said we could park for a couple of hours. Andy just needed to show some photo ID - luckily driving licence was to hand.

When we walked in the lobby we were looking at the horse chandelier, a CM came over and started talking to Andy about it and apart from the fact it was made specially for the hotel he can’t remember what else he said!

We’d said to the boys we would hire a Surrey, but it was 12pm when we arrived and so hot. Andy and I couldn’t face cycling round and the boys were too young to get one on their own. They weren’t impressed with us. So we left them to sit & sulk and Andy and I walked round.

We called into the Screen Door shop first and they had a few frozen drinks so I bought a fruit punch and lemonade mixed. It was amazing!

Andy and I had a mooch round until we came to the beach in front of the Beach Club where we had a little swing in a swing seat. The boys caught up with us here. Josh wanted his wallet so he could buy something.

We carried on walking clockwise and had a look in Ample Hills creamery. I had thought I would get a Flight but I was still too full from breakfast. I did have room for another slushie though!

On the way home we called into the new Walmart on Old Lake Wilson Road. Now, I’ve never been a fan of Walmart, I’m a Target girl. But this shop was amazing! I loved it! We had a good look round. The bakery section was lovely with so much to choose from, loads of loaves, cakes, cookies, pies. We bought some banana bread and strawberry cheese danish for breakfast tomorrow.

Josh bought sweets for friends and Dan carried a watermelon.

Andy had been doing a price comparison of grapefruit out of interest. Publix was $2.20, Target was $1.50 and Walmart was a bargain at $1.20. Well not really a bargain as they’re about 50p In Aldi !

As we came out of Walmart we saw a road sign on the other side of the road, Funie Steed Road’ This comes out towards the villa and would miss out the 192. Dad is a fan of a shortcut and recommends this road. We didn’t realise part of it was a gravel track.

We got back to the villa at 3.30 and all went in the pool before the rain came. Andy and I sat in the sun and then felt a few spots of rain. The weather is crazy, one minute you are sat in beautiful sunshine and then the next minute there are black clouds above you.

We moved under the lanai, I wrote my notes and I think posted my first day. It didn’t actually rain.

Dan wasn’t feeling great and had fallen asleep. We woke him up to get ready to go out for tea and he had a bath and some drugs. While we were waiting we watched Family Feud. One of the questions today, ‘what makes someone take their clothes off quick?’ Top answer - ‘because they’re on fire’!

We left at 7pm to go to Millers for tea. This was Andys choice (guided by me!). It was busy when we arrived and were told there would be a 25 minute wait, in fact we waited 2 minutes! I came here on my trip in November with Mum and Dad and we all had the Zinger Mountain Melt. They were huge and I barely ate any, so I suggested today that Josh and I share one. Andy and Dan had the Zinger salad. Our server was great and when she bought the salads she realised Andys Zingers were wrong so she took them to change. The food was delicious. Josh and I could’ve eaten one each!

Our server bought the check & it was only $35! We realised the drinks weren’t on it, we called her over to tell her and she said she had taken them off to make up for the problem with the salad. Great service.

We called at Walgreens on the way home for something for Dan’s cold. We were there quite a while as there was so much choice!

I hoped to have some pudding at the villa as I still had some ice cream left, turns out the was only a spoonful because somebody (Dan) had “had some every so often”

Then back to Family Feud for some more gems! The questions are bonkers. Let alone some of the answers! We were in stitches.

Question “Name a real animal that people get tattooed on their body”
Answer “unicorn”

Question “Name a food a small child may put in their belly button to keep for later”
Answer “ a toy”

Then bed, probably at our usual time of 10pm
Old 19 Sep 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We thought the same about Family Feuds - very random

Dinner looks lovely - and what a bargain! It seems you are having a very relaxing time!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another lovely day Emma.

We are regulars at Boardwalk for a cake and a boat ride. We did hire a Surrey once and we were aided by the younger generation - or should I say that they were handicapped by the olds. Had to get off and push over the two bridges.

As you say the servers in Millers are really good but the Zinger mountain challenges us as well.

Mick
Old 19 Sep 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Is mini golf without a windmill even mini golf at all?

That was a really expensive breakfast at ihop, it all looks good though. Shame yours wasn't quite hot enough. Great deal at Millers though, that was good of the waitress to comp your drinks. Was it the one at Champions Gate you were at?

The Boardwalk looks a lovely place for a stroll, are the guards happy to let "outsiders" park there. I thought I read something about having to pay to park at resorts, but I could be wrong. I think we'd like to visit there for a wander and an ice cream

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We thought the same about Family Feuds - very random

Dinner looks lovely - and what a bargain! It seems you are having a very relaxing time!
We are missing it since coming home we did have a lovely relaxing time, though it seems a distant memory now!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another lovely day Emma.

We are regulars at Boardwalk for a cake and a boat ride. We did hire a Surrey once and we were aided by the younger generation - or should I say that they were handicapped by the olds. Had to get off and push over the two bridges.

As you say the servers in Millers are really good but the Zinger mountain challenges us as well.

Mick
Boat ride...you need to hire one next time

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Is mini golf without a windmill even mini golf at all?

That was a really expensive breakfast at ihop, it all looks good though. Shame yours wasn't quite hot enough. Great deal at Millers though, that was good of the waitress to comp your drinks. Was it the one at Champions Gate you were at?

The Boardwalk looks a lovely place for a stroll, are the guards happy to let "outsiders" park there. I thought I read something about having to pay to park at resorts, but I could be wrong. I think we'd like to visit there for a wander and an ice cream
Haha I know
Miller’s was on 192, didn’t realise there was one a champions gate.
We’ve park there twice now and just explained we were there for a walk round, not sure if that’s the norm or if we were just lucky!
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Looked like a nice chilled out day, shame about Dan waking with a cold.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another lovely day.

Hope Dan soon felt better?

Mmmmm the zinger mountain melt. My favourite comfort food! Great price and service.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I definitely think a midday ride around the boardwalk on a Surrey bike would not have been fun. It's way too hot for that, I'm not surprised the teens had a little strop though. After suffering that horrid breakfast and then golf you forced on them, they then had to go without their cycle!

Miller's does look tasty, we've never made it yet, people do rave about the melts and it does look good...One day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a lovely day apart from one of you being under the weather, that's such a shame on holiday, hope it passed quickly.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Looked like a nice chilled out day, shame about Dan waking with a cold.
It was lovely

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Another lovely day.

Hope Dan soon felt better?

Mmmmm the zinger mountain melt. My favourite comfort food! Great price and service.

M x
We definitely needed one each though

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I definitely think a midday ride around the boardwalk on a Surrey bike would not have been fun. It's way too hot for that, I'm not surprised the teens had a little strop though. After suffering that horrid breakfast and then golf you forced on them, they then had to go without their cycle!

Miller's does look tasty, we've never made it yet, people do rave about the melts and it does look good...One day!
I know I’m a mean Mum!
One for the list next time Andy has since said it was his favourite venue.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Sounds like a lovely day apart from one of you being under the weather, that's such a shame on holiday, hope it passed quickly.
It was lovely, thank you for reading