Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Sep 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I persuade my family to wear matching Tshirts? - August 2018- Day 12 - Volcano Bay and Universal

Wednesday 29th August

I woke up at 6.30 today. A lie in! Andy was having a rest day today and not running so we lazed in bed until 7.30!

We all debated what to do today...villa day, Universal or back to Volcano Bay...everyone chose Volcano Bay. While I was getting towels out of the ‘pool towel‘ box, I found the pump that we’d looked for on the first day!

We left the villa at 8.00, it was a bit cloudy this morning. It it soon cleared.

We were back to my choice for breakfast and I chose First Watch (because Tim Tracker said it was his favourite). I knew there was one at Championsgate. It was pretty quiet at 8.30 and we had a lovely table tucked in a corner.

We all had coffee apart from Josh who had a blackberry iced tea which was delicious. Andy and I had the traditional breakfast, sausage for Andy and ham for me. The boys both had two chocolate chip pancakes, they were huge. We all really enjoyed it here.

We then joined the I4 and back to Universal. We were parked at 9.40 and had our Tapu Tapu’s at 9.55 (in case anyone was wondering how long it takes to get there!).

We set up camp on the same beach as yesterday, we decided to leave the majority of our belongings, clothes, drinks etc by the loungers and only put my handbag in a locker. We therefore only needed a small locker which was $8.

We split up straight away, Andy and I did a couple of double hoop rides, a couple of laps of the lazy river and a couple of laps of the Fearless River. We then sat in the shallows of the wave pool for a while. It was a beautiful day and we were really enjoying our time here. I fancied another go on the coaster ride so we went back to the loungers and thought the boys would be back before too long.

I had a cocktail while I was waiting...Vols Fire Punch. It was very nice.

I was also quite taken with the cabanas. I thought they’d be lovely for a little afternoon nap or to close the curtains and shelter from the rain. They came with a limited supply of drinks, towels, locker, fridge, snacks.

We asked how much they were... $529 plus tax... hmmm no thank you!

The sky was looking pretty black by this point so Andy and I went and showered before the rain came and the masses descended on the changing rooms. There was an announcement that the rides were closed then, good timing. The boys returned and quickly got changed and we made our way towards the exit. We hoped to be out before the rain came today. Daniel needed feeding though, so he and Andy went to find a pretzel or something and we arranged to meet in the tunnel on the way to the bus. They were gone ages and it was by now pouring down. When they eventually came to the tunnel, Dan had got ice cream. Not the best thing to eat in the rain.

Back at the car we decided to take the ponchos and do the parks. Josh had his snack on the way from Voodoo Doughnut. There was so much choice! He opted for maple bacon and said it was delicious.

We went to Universal Studios first, it wasn’t raining at this point and cars were going round RRR but it wasn’t open. Josh decided he would wait to see if it reopened and the rest of us went on Jimmy Fallen.

Hashtag The Panda was wandering round the waiting area, I was really enjoying watching the clips of the show with celebrities and was quite engrossed when I turned round and the panda was right behind me and made me jump! It was funny then watching him do the same to other people. He (or she!) then came up to Dan and grabbed his face and kissed him, it was very funny.

We met up with Josh then, he was one of the first back on RRR and we all then walked straight on The Mummy. Josh wanted to go on Jimmy Fallon so he and I did that and Andy and Dan did Mummy again.

After this it was quite sunny and we stood and watched some street performers doing a singing competition.

We sat down to check wait times and it started raining again. We were by Fast and Furious so went in to ride and shelter! After this we poncho’d and went to MIB.

The wait times all looked quite long at this time so we decided to find somewhere to eat in City Walk in the hope that the rain would ease and the queues would shorten. We were missing those Express Passes. It was Josh’s choice today and he’d already checked the menu of NBC Sports Grill & Brew and that’s where he chose.

There were some really cool high top tables that were actually table football tables.

The boys both had a Wisconsin burger, Andy had Seasoned Smoked Chicken and I had a Cobb salad. It was huge! Everyone enjoyed their food and it came to $90 including tip.

Then we went to Islands of Adventure and still needed ponchos sadly. Andys face on this photo cracks me up (he was acting though).

We started off in Seuss Land today (still not sure if that’s what’s it called!) but just walked through, we were going to go on the trolley ride for old times sake but the queue was 25 mins.

We came to Hogsmeade and Forbidden Journey was only a 5 minute wait! So on we went, I sent Josh into locker hell.

We carried on anti-clockwise and thought we’d go on Kong. It was only a 15 minute wait. This was the first time we would go in the Stand by queue and thanks to the Dibb I knew there where surprises here. This was confirmed by two women leaving the queue complaining at how they can do that. So I knew something was going to jump out, I was prepared but it still didn’t stop me screaming when it happened!

The ride wasn’t as good today and I think it was because we were sat nearer the front of the vehicle, sitting at the back definitely let’s you see the screen as a whole and is a better experience.

As we were leaving the ride we got separated from Andy and he was ages coming out. It turns out that a couple of CMs stopped the queue and said someone hadn’t returned their 3D glasses. Everyone denied this and the girl asked people to check their bags. The family in front of Andy then returned two pairs of glasses from their bag, obviously realising they weren’t going to get away with it.

We weren’t up for wet rides today so headed round to ‘Marvel land’ Spider-Man was a 25 minute wait and Dr Doom 45!

Andy and Josh went to single ride Hulk and Dan and I did Storm Form Accelatron.

Dr Doom then said 5 minutes so Andy and Josh joined the queue but then it quickly jumped to 15 then 50. Andy left the queue but Josh stayed in, the rest of us went on Spider-Man with a 10 minute wait! There was some weirdness with the wait times!

We left the park via the Candy and Fudge shop and bought some treats, a Heath s’more for me, a crispy cake for Andy, pick n mix for Dan. Josh wanted another doughnut! It was very busy in Voodoo Doughnut so I took a few photos while waiting.

We made our way back to the car, we were still in the Volcano Bay section which was now empty as it was nearly 9pm apart from this...

For our licence plate collection. We were very excited

We got back to the villa at 9.30. This was the first day we’d been out all day! We were worn out!

We sat on the lanai for a cup of tea and our treats. They were very sickly!

Josh was inside watching Family Feud, we could hear him giggling from outside. We were to bed soon after.
Old 30 Sep 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What a great day, the rain definitely didn’t spoil your fun!
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We started the registration plate game in New England. We got Alaska but not Hawaii!

Sounds like a busy (and wet) day! You packed a lot in!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day and you got a lot of rides done without the pass

Joan
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
What a great day, the rain definitely didn’t spoil your fun!
No it didn’t it was fab.

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We started the registration plate game in New England. We got Alaska but not Hawaii!

Sounds like a busy (and wet) day! You packed a lot in!
We never did get Alaska!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day and you got a lot of rides done without the pass

Joan
We did, it was a good day
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love Andys face 😆 can’t believe only Josh went to the lockers in Harry Potter.i thought there was an unwritten rule that all of your party must cram in and take up all the space 🤔
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great day, you did loads. Glad you enjoyed Volcano Bay again, I've only ever read good things about it

You did well to fit in so much at the Universal parks, especially working around the ever changing wait times.

Your evening snacks look yummy

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Andys face in that picture!

The wait times in Universal are really frustrating aren’t They? You did well despite them.

Another great day - thanks

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Love Andys face 😆 can’t believe only Josh went to the lockers in Harry Potter.i thought there was an unwritten rule that all of your party must cram in and take up all the space 🤔

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Sounds like a great day, you did loads. Glad you enjoyed Volcano Bay again, I've only ever read good things about it

You did well to fit in so much at the Universal parks, especially working around the ever changing wait times.

Your evening snacks look yummy
It was fantastic, a definite highlight.
They were yummy but very sickly!

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Andys face in that picture!

The wait times in Universal are really frustrating aren’t They? You did well despite them.

Another great day - thanks
I know
Thanks Helen

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day x
Thank you