Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 7 Oct 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

:) Please have a look at my itinerary

Morning, I have done a rough itinerary and booked my dining but I would like some views on whether it looks okay and whether anyone has any advice or tweaks as we have never been before. There are 4 of us including our two children (12 and 11) going in April, travel back on Easter Sunday.

As a family we struggle to get up too early all that often, enjoy going for sit down meals and buffet meals, not too good on big thrill rides and tend to like going somewhere for just a few hours at a time. We are not that bothered about characters (although Belle is on our must see list)

We are onsite at AKL for 11 nights DDP, with no car for the first 8 nights. The last 7 nights we are at a villa in Hampton Lakes. Although we have 14 day tickets I can’t see us going back to Disney once we move to the villa. Must do’s for our time in the villa are Kennedy space centre and an airboat ride.

Arrival Day: no firm plans; QS at the hotel food court

Day 2: Boma breakfast, Uber to Walmart for supplies (and the kids are desperate to go here) afternoon in AK then dinner in Sanaa.

Day 3: MK for EMH, breakfast at BOG, Move to HS later on, early dinner at SciFi then Fantasmic

Day 4: breakfast at Akershus and a day spent in Epcot. Back to hotel when we have had enough

Day 5: Cali Grill for brunch then a ride along the monorail getting off at each hotel for a good look round (we love doing things like this) afternoon reservation at beaches and cream (prob pay OOP for just a sundae here) then either MK or back to Cali grill for the fireworks viewing

Day 6: Blizzard Beach then back to the hotel. Late afternoon/evening in DS with dinner at Raglan Road

Day 7: breakfast at The Wave (oop) then over to MK or HWS. Possibly back to the hotel for a few hours at lunch time. Over to Epcot late afternoon for dinner at Teppan Edo and EEH.

Day 8: Typhoon Lagoon until about 14:00,some QS at DS, back to the hotel for a while then into MK for EEH.

Day 9: Late start at MK then pick car up from Disney Car Care and take it back to the hotel. Uber or drive over to Hoop De Doo for the 18:15 show (oop tier 1)

Day 10: My Birthday! Epcot morning then back to hotel for a few hours. DS for some drinks and Homecomin’ for dinner.

Day 11: AK with a Yak and Yeti dinner reservation

Day 12: checkout of hotel. I have booked a Tusker House 11:45 reservation but may cancel as we don’t know which park we want to go to last and may have QS credits remaining. Transfer to Villa late afternoon then supermarket

Day 13: villa chill out day

Day 14: out for breakfast (Kekes?) shopping somewhere where there is a Sephora!

Day 15: airboat ride and check out Celebration. Out for dinner (Longhorns?)

Day 16: Kennedy Space

Day 17: chill out am shopping and meal pm ( suggestions?)

Day 18: Villa chill out day

Day 19: leaving day 😫

Phew! All looks so straightforward written down! Please let me know what you think... too much, too little etc

Thanks 😀

Edited at 10:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to say when we are going!
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just changed my Akershus to an hour before park opening, now toying with the idea of a dessert party 🤔
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

No advice at all?
Old 7 Oct 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It looks chilled and well spaced out to me. However I think you may find yourselves wanting to go back to the parks in your last week. Although you say you're not ones for character interaction that may change 😉
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

All looks good to me
Although, do you think you'd need to go Wallmart while you are staying at AKL? you'll have all your food sorted with the DDP. I'd wait until you are on your way to the villa because you'll definitely need a Walmart trip then to stock up the villa. But if your children are itching to go there then I'd do whatever makes them happy
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Also - just to add, we have stayed at Hampton Lakes and we loved it! we usually always stay in a Villa - think I'm going to miss it on our next visit
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Looks not bad, day 3 looks too ambitious, would be for us anyway.
Old 8 Oct 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Only thing I would say is that day 2 you’re probably all going to be up at the crack of dawn because of the time difference so I’d book Boma very early and then head to one of the parks and possibly, as Minnie29 suggested, leave Walmart for another day.
Old 8 Oct 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your comments they are really helpful. I will revisit day 2 and 3 with the family
Old 8 Oct 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Also - just to add, we have stayed at Hampton Lakes and we loved it! we usually always stay in a Villa - think I'm going to miss it on our next visit
That’s really good to know, thank you, I haven’t seen it mentioned much on here.